Red Lightning (with Alain Whyte formerly of MORRISSEYS BAND)

Concerts and Events.

Moderator: Admin

a KROQ spy!

Red Lightning (with Alain Whyte formerly of MORRISSEYS BAND)

Post by a KROQ spy! »

At the Knitting Factory:

Red Lightning (ft. Alain Whyte of Morrissey's band), Tenderbox, The King Cheetah, DJ Frankie Z

Price: ADV $10.00 | DOS $12.00
Date: Wed, Nov 30
Start Time: 8:00 PM

Alain Whyte of Morrissey's band returns after a brief break from performing. Whyte has just completed a full length album with producer David Newton (Mighty Lemon Drops, Fonda, The Blood Arm & Blue Aeroplanes) and his band Red Lightning. Having co-written many of the songs on Morrissey's critically acclaimed and commercially successful album, "You Are The Quarry" and the forthcoming album "Ringleader Of The Tormentors" as well as all the other Morrissey records (bar Kill Uncle), Whyte now turns his focus towards his new band which draws influence from U2, The Clash, The Cult, The Smiths and Morrissey.*** On Bass is John DiMambro (aka Johnny Anger) a long time Moz & Smiths fan. John has recorded with Down by Law & Gentleman Jack Grisham of T.S.O.L as well as psychobilly madmen The Rocketz on Double Bass. He has performed live with Pearl Harbour, Jane Wiedlin of The Go Go’s and Agent Orange.*** On Drums is the amazing Milo Todesco. Milo has recorded and performed live with Down By Law, Armond Chakmakian of Shadow Fax, Jim Cherry of Strung Out, Pully, Zero Down, and played Timpani with UCLA Choir conductor Roger Wagner.*** Red Lightning will be embarking on a tour of the West starting with a show at LA's Knitting Factory on November 30th.Additionally, look out for Red Lightning at the Austin South by Southwest Festival in March of 2006! Available for purchase at the upcoming shows will be Red Lightning's limited edition Enhanced EP, "L.A. Crash Landing." The CD includes the following songs listed below, as well as rare B-sides, MP3's, a band biography, and pictures! Complete album available in 2006! 1.Something out of Nothing 2.Crushed 3.L.A. Crash Landing 4.Sign Up 5.I Miss You 6.Black Dog Day 7.Stuck (Acoustic Version) 8.Were you ever in my Life(Acoustic Version)

http://www.redlightningmusic.com

http://www.myspace.com/redlightningmusic
biLzamo

yeah

Post by biLzamo »

i liked boz the best
"The power of the force has stopped you, you hosers."

- Doug McKenzie
a KROQ spy!

Re: yeah

Post by a KROQ spy! »

biLzamo wrote:i liked boz the best
Did you mean the Boss (aka the Boz)?

Or the Moz? :P :wink:
biLzamo

guitarists for moz

Post by biLzamo »

Boz Boorer, he was the lead guitarist, the funny one. He was usually to the left of Moz while Alaiyne was on the right. Besides who spells "Alan" as "Alaiyne" or however its spelled.

Also the lead guitarist for the Polecats. Those were the guys Moz would tour with for Sing Your Life and Your Arsenal.
"The power of the force has stopped you, you hosers."

- Doug McKenzie
a KROQ spy!

Post by a KROQ spy! »

Did you mean the Foz?

My friend said Boz did a track on a Johnny Cash tribute album..I'll have to check it out.