Remembering the Ramones...

Concerts and Events.

Moderator: Admin

July Cleaver

Remembering the Ramones...

Post by July Cleaver »

Monday, July 3rd, 2006 Linda Ramone, Hollywood Forever Cemetery and the LA Weekly will be hosting a charity fundraiser in honor of The Ramones. Proceeds will benefit lymphoma and prostate cancer research. There is a $10 suggested donation to be paid at the gate.

The event features:
The debut of all known existing footage from the upcoming Ramones DVD of "Its Alive," the legendary 77/78 New Years Eve performance at Londons Rainbow Theater.
An outdoor summer screening of the classic film Rock and Roll High School
A chance to win: T-shirts, photos, and posters signed by Johnny, Joey, Dee Dee, Tommy, Marky and CJ with the right answers to Principal Togart's quiz.
VIP guests remembering The Ramones, including Marky Ramone.
Special Guest gift giveaways
The original pink Cadillac from the film on site
Johnny Ramones bigger than life bronze Memorial Statue in its permanent lakeside
location at Hollywood Forever.
Dee Dee Ramone's memorial in its permanent lakeside location at Hollywood Forever.

Gates open at 6:30 PM
Speakers and giveaways at 7:45 PM
Concert footage and film at 9:00 PM.

Bring a blanket to sit on and a picnic dinner to enjoy under the stars.
No dogs or tall chairs allowed on the field.

The public can call 323.469.1181 for more information.

Location Address:
Hollywood Forever Cemetery
6000 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90038

Hollywood Forever, resting place of Hollywoods Immortals, has made national headlines with its innovative approach, including digital biographies, summer film series and more. For more info see hollywoodforever.com
...and then at the end of the letter I like to write "P.S. - this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.-- Mitch Hedberg
rotter

Post by rotter »

aahahaha.....no dogs allowed....aaaaahahaa :lol: Guess I can't go then...wouldn't want anyone to step in my craP! :lol:
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

Damn!!! I missed it!!! I went last year and we had a blast.
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."