Indie is Proud to Present

Concerts and Events.

Moderator: Admin

gidgetgoestohell

Indie is Proud to Present

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

This Friday, July 8th, Indie 103.1 and Linda Ramone will be hosting a charity fundraiser at Hollywood Forever Cemetery in honor of the legendary Ramones. Hollywood Forever Cemetery is the final resting place for Johnny and Dee Dee Ramone so we see it only fit that we show their infamous movie, Rock N Roll High School, in their final resting place. We'll be showing the movie right next to Johnny Ramones larger than life bronze memorial statue (Dee Dee's didn't have a huge space next to it)! That's right, Indie will be showing Rock N Roll High School right next to where the two legends have been interred. Plus, there will be lots of VIP guests on hand to speak about the rock n roll legends and remember their legacy. Guests include Indie's own Rob Zombie, Lars Frederickson from Rancid, Mickey Leigh, Marky Ramone and Vincent Gallo and of course our host Linda Ramone! Rock N Roll High School director Alan Arkush will even be on hand with the original pink Cadillac from the movie. Gates open at 7:30p and the intros and movie will start at 9pm. Grab your blanket, some friends, some grub (you can bring your own food and drink into the cemetery) and enjoy this tribute fundraiser to the Ramones under the stars. Leave Sparky and any other pets you have at home and don't bring any big chairs that will block other fans views. There is a suggested $15 donation to be paid at the gate. All proceeds will benefit Lymphoma and Prostate Cancer Research. Hollywood Forever Cemetery is located at 6000 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90038. For more information please call 323-469-1181.
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~