Ryan Adams Cancels Shows, Blames Cysts

Concerts and Events.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Ryan Adams Cancels Shows, Blames Cysts

Post by obiwankobe »

Ryan Adams Cancels Tour (Again), Blames Cysts

Kati Llewellyn and Amy Phillips report:
All owners of four-leaf clovers, rabbit's feet, and picked-up pennies should forward these cherished items to a man who needs them so much more. Honestly, Ryan Adams must be the most unlucky man in rock. Or the unhealthiest. Can you tell where I'm going with this? Ryan Adams and the Cardinals have canceled the remainder of their U.S. tour, six dates in total. The trek, supporting May's delivery of Cold Roses, was scheduled to run through August 20, but we all knew it was a gamble going in, didn't we?

Adams offered an explanation for the latest round of cancellations on his website: "The band got a bad bug on the way back from Japan that just kept wearing us down. Really sorry about having to cancel the gigs, especially since I never have to cancel anything." (Um, what?) "But my voice was fried and the band was toast. And I never fully recovered from my inner ear infection. Was trying to avoid canceling any more shows. Unfortunately, I have infected cysts next to my ear canal, causing hearing, balance and throat problems." Yikes. To all the haters who think he's just making excuses for being a lazy drunk, he has this to say: "Some people would protest that it's just the wine. Where as the wine to me is just self-respect." Consult your shrink to figure out what that means.

A bouquet of "Get Well Soon!" and "Good Luck!" balloons is on its way to Adams straight from PFMHQ. J/K! But seriously, feel better, dude. Them cysts is a motherfucker.

Canceled tour dates:

08-12 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
08-14 Oakland, CA - Paramount Theatre
08-16 Los Angeles, CA - Wiltern Theatre
08-20 San Diego, CA - Spreckels Theatre

The same website post revealed that Adams and the Cardinals had recently finished recording music for the new Cameron Crowe movie Elizabethtown. "What started as 1 ended up being 18," Adams wrote. "Only one or so will be used. But this is your heads up that there might be another Cardinals record in your near future." Good god, ANOTHER Ryan Adams album this year?! Does he have a songwriting sweatshop somewhere?

* Pitchfork Review: Ryan Adams and the Cardinals: Cold Roses
* Pitchfork News: Ryan Adams to Release Even More Records, Tour
* Ryan Adams: http://www.ryan-adams.com
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

cool
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

I wonder if he caught the cysts form Ashley....
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Oh, what?!? :( Dammit, and I LOVE Summer of '69. *waits for someone to correct me*

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

I will take it upon myself to Jack Slap you....
~Gooch Jack Slaps sense into Kev~
~Gooch