Pixies Announce Details of Live Reunion DVD

Concerts and Events.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Pixies Announce Details of Live Reunion DVD

Post by obiwankobe »

Somewhere amid the summer of 2003, rumors began to swirl about a Pixies Reunion. A Pixies Reunion! Remember how excited you were? How excited we were? The tour dates began to trickle out...and then, they began to barrel out. Eight months of touring (and still going, mind you) jaded us a little bit. News broke about a stand-alone Pixies "best of" compilation CD/DVD, Waves of Mutilation, as well as the limited-edition live CDRs-- available for sale just 15 minutes after each concert. A pretty vast array of consumables, all things considered, and the stacks of merch are soon to rise a bit higher with the addition of a live DVD.

On September 20, Rhino Home Video will release The Pixies Sell Out: a concert DVD (as well as a delightful play on words) taken mostly from a July 3, 2004, performance in Belfort, France. The disc will also feature bonus material including footage from the Pixies' hefty 2004 festival slate, including Coachella, the Austin City Limits, and the New Orleans Voodoo Fest. Full tracklisting for The Pixies Sell Out is:

>> [Taken from Belfort, France]
01 Bone Machine
02 Wave Of Mutilation
03 In Heaven
04 Something Against You
05 River Euphrates
06 U-Mass
07 Bone Machine
08 Cactus
09 Ed Is Dead
10 I Bleed
11 Monkey Gone To Heaven
12 Hey
13 Levitate Me
14 Subbacultcha
15 Dead
16 Gouge Away
17 Velouria
18 Mr. Grieves
19 Crackity Jones
20 Broken Face
21 Isla De Encanta
22 Tame
23 Here Comes Your Man
24 The Holiday Song
25 Where Is My Mind?
26 Vamos
27 Wave of Mutilation
28 Gigantic

>> [Bonus performances]
01 Caribou (Coachella Festival)
02 Here Comes Your Man (Move Festival)
03 Debaser (T In The Park Festival)
04 Gigantic (Coachella Festival)
05 U-Mass (Lowell Mass Festival)
06 Crackity Jones (Fuji Rock Festival)
07 Nimrod's Son (Fuji Rock Festival)
08 The Holiday Song (Fuji Rock Festival)
09 Subbacultcha (Austin Festival)
10 Vamos (Austin Festival)
11 No. 13 Baby (Lowell Festival)
12 Planet Of Sound (Voodoo Festival)
13 Is She Weird? (Lowell Festival)
14 Into The White (Coachella Festival)
15 Where Is My Mind? (Move Festival)
16 Monkey Gone To Heaven (Move Festival)

As previously reported, frontman Frank Black continues to hint toward new Pixies material, telling NME, "We don't want to overstay our welcome in terms of performing under the banner of a reunion...So I suppose one way to accomplish that is to work on some new material." Naturally, no specific information has been disclosed at this time. For now, the group will wrap up a UK trip, having just completed sets at the Reading and Leeds festivals. Dates:

08-30 Manchester, England - Carling Apollo
08-31 London, England - Alexandra Palace
09-01 London, England - Alexandra Palace
10-01 Brooklyn, NY - Keyspan Park
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley