Strokes LP Release Date Set; Potential Single Named

Concerts and Events.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Strokes LP Release Date Set; Potential Single Named

Post by obiwankobe »

In their ongoing effort to tease out every ounce of anticipation for the currently untitled follow-up to their sophomore safe-bet Room on Fire, the Strokes-- or their fearless street team-- have begun whispering about their upcoming single. "Juicebox", according to NME, is the rumored choice, and will be spinning in DJ booths from here to eternity come mid-October. The new record also dons a concrete release date: January 24, according to VH1.com.

Besides "Juicebox", there have been a few more song titles added to the previously reported "Vision of Division", "Razor Blade", and "Ask Me Anything". These new titles are "Heart in a Cage", "Everything Sun", "You Only Live Once", "Killing Lies", "Eyes of the World", and "Fear of Sleep". In all, the Strokes are currently mixing 14 tracks with Andy Wallace, the album's producer.

Coinciding with the approximated release of the "Juicebox" single, the Strokes have recently announced, via their website, the details for their upcoming tour through South America. The first three dates in Brazil will be held as part of the annual TIM Festival, while the latter two will be held in conjunction with Festival BUE Personal in Chile and Argentina. Seriously, if they don't have the album title set by then, the dedicated Strokes contingent in South America will surely circulate the live bootlegs under a Portuguese or Spanish name they made up on their own, and we all know how happy that would make RCA's marketing department. Not very. Dates:

10-21 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Museum of Modern Art
10-23 Sao Paulo, Brazil - Sambodromo Anhembi
10-25 Porto Alegre, Brazil - Gigantinho Gymnasium
10-27 Santiago, Chile - Espacio Riesco
10-29 Buenos Aires, Argentina - Club Ciudad

* Pitchfork Review: The Strokes: Room on Fire
* Pitchfork News: The Strokes Reveal More Details on New LP
* The Strokes: http://www.thestrokes.com/
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

IIIIIIImmmmm soooooooo excited! I'm gonna go into Stokemania when this hits... no other band will exist for me!

PS. Those South American kids finally get a piece of Stroke ass, they've been waiting for ever....
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas