Madness

Concerts and Events.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Madness

Post by obiwankobe »

I won't be there, wouldn't go in the first place, but am going to be @ The Kills & Bloc Party instead, and Annie's going to be at Interpol. But for anyone else who cares...

Madness Skank Up West Coast

David Nadelle reports:
Last seen during MTV's halcyon days, jockeying for airtime with the likes of Billy Squier and Pat Benatar, ska revivalists Madness are back with a new album and a short tour through the west coast of America. Despite a pretty remarkable run of smart, catchy singles in the early 1980s, Madness is generally known for their "nutty sound," and in North America particularly, the band is seen solely as a one hit wonder for their "Our House" video. Pitchfork finds it hard to believe that a band comprised of members with the businesslike names of Suggs, El Thommo, Woody, Mister Smash, Bedders, and Monsieur Barzo has trouble being taken seriously. The teeny-weenie tour will be in support of their new covers album, The Dangermen Sessions Vol. 1, which was released through V2 on August 16. Hold onto your bowler hats:

09-17 San Bernadino, CA - KROQ Inland Invasion
09-18 San Diego, CA - House of Blues
09-20 Los Angeles, CA Troubadour
09-21 San Francisco, CA - Bimbo's
09-23 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
09-24 Seattle, WA - Fenix Underground

In case you haven't heard the album yet (what’s wrong with you?!), the seasoned skankers croon versions of songs by Desmond Dekker, the Kinks, the Supremes, and appropriately enough, the man who first made "Madness" and "One Step Beyond" famous, Prince Buster. Tracklist:

01 Intro / This Is Where
02 Girl Why Don't You
03 Shame & Scandal
04 I Chase the Devil (a.k.a. Ironshirt)
05 Taller Than You Are 06 You Keep Me Hanging On
07 Dangermen (aka High Wire)
08 Israelites
09 John Jones
10 Lola
11 You'll Lose a Good Thing
12 Rain
13 So Much Trouble in the World

* Pitchfork News: Madness: Good News, Bad News
* Madness: http://www.madness.co.uk/
* V2: http://www.v2music.com/site/
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Irt seems like there are so many cool shows coming.
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

I'm going to Oasis next week
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I love Oasis - who is support?
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

Jet & Kasabian
-tom

assholitis

Post by assholitis »

That sounds like a damn fine show. Jet can/and has headline a show by themselves, and I like what I've heard of Kasabian. Consider those two are just the opening and then Oasis brings it home and you've got yourself a good time. Tickets were a bit too steep for me, though. :(

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

I'm not to fond of Jet, but Kasabian is solid, They are actually from the same home town as Oasis
-tom