Gorillaz to Tour as Holograms in 2007

Concerts and Events.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Gorillaz to Tour as Holograms in 2007

Post by obiwankobe »

Amy Phillips reports:
You know who’s pissed right now? Jem and the Holograms. The ‘80s TV girl group will no longer be the universe’s foremost cartoon hologram rock band, come 2007. In that far-distant year, Gorillaz will launch an ambitious world tour featuring its animated members “appearing on stage in 3D holographic format,” the NME and other British news sources announced yesterday.

The genre-hopping brainchild of Blur’s Damon Albarn and artist Jamie Hewlett, Gorillaz previously toured as a live band performing behind a screen with images of singer/keyboardist 2D, bassist Murdoc, drummer Russel and guitarist Noodle projected onto it. By most accounts, that arrangement was an utter failure, leaving audiences bored and annoyed. But now, riding high on the success of their second album, Demon Days, and its iPod-pimping single “Feel Good Inc”, Gorillaz are stepping their game up into the third dimension. It’s going to take a whole year to work out “financial and creative technicalities,” they haven’t figured out if live musicians will be involved or not, and no dates have been confirmed yet. A sneak peak performance of “Feel Good Inc” will take place in London in late October, and a Gorillaz feature film is rumored to be in the works. Gorillaz are truly outrageous!

* Pitchfork Review: Gorillaz: Demon Days
* Gorillaz: http://www.gorillaz.com/
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

About time they did the hologram tour I've been waiting for ever!
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

could have gone and seen Blur many a time!
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

hahahah... no

I actually was waititng to see them exclusively as holograms
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas