Saddlecreek Katrina Benefit

Concerts and Events.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Saddlecreek Katrina Benefit

Post by obiwankobe »

Bright Eyes, Faint on Saddle Creek Katrina Benefit Comp

Jessica Suarez reports:
Think: Who was there for you after your first break up? Your first try at fast dancing? The first time you put an awkward hand on a teenage ass? That's right, it was the artists on Saddle Creek records. After all they've done for you, isn't it time for you to return the favor? Well, here's your chance. And you'll help out victims of Hurricane Katrina, too.

The Omaha indie label has released Lagniappe, a compilation of new songs, B-sides, demos and alternate versions, with all proceeds going to the Red Cross for the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. The collection is currently available on iTunes and for pre-order from Saddle Creek's website. It will be in stores on October 25.

According to the American Heritage Dictionary, "lagniappe" is a term used in the Gulf region to describe "a little bonus that a friendly shopkeeper might add to a purchase. By extension, it may mean 'an extra or unexpected gift or benefit'." This little unexpected gift includes new Cursive and Bright Eyes tracks, a Faint B-side and a collaboration between Neva Dinova's Jake Bellows Faint frontman Todd Fink (yes, he changed his last name from Baechle when he married Azure Ray's Orenda Fink). The disc was put together in just a week, with contributors recording in "bedrooms, basements, kitchens, living rooms, and even in a couple of studios," quoth a press release.

So crack open that wallet. It'll make up for not telling that girl's mother you were already two years out of high school. Tracklist:

01 Cursive: Ten Percent to the Ten Percent
02 Maria Taylor and Andy LeMaster: Breathe
03 Criteria: Booketa
04 The Elected: San Francisco Via Chicago Blues
05 Broken Spindles: Move Away (Broken Spindles Remix)
06 Cocoon (Jake Bellows and Todd Fink): She's a Ghost
07 Bright Eyes: Napoleon's Hat
08 The Faint: Hypnotised
09 Orenda Fink: No Evolution (acoustic)
10 Mayday: Footprints
11 Sorry About Dresden: Sunrise: Norfolk, Virginia
12 Two Gallants: All Your Faithless Loyalties
13 The Good Life: New Year's Retribution

* Saddle Creek: http://www.saddlecreekrecords.com
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Who? What? When are The Strokes touring???
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

touring eachother's butts right now probably
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

probably.... lucky.....
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas