Post by MicheBel »

In Between

THE SMITHEREENS --Blood and Roses

and

Dead 60s--Riot Radio

we had

Gang of Four--I Love a Man in Uniform

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
MicheBel

In Between

Post by MicheBel »

Wow! Two pages of In Betweens!

In Between

Oasis--Lyla

and

Rancid--Ruby Soho

we had

Mash-Up of the Day--Bastard City Rockers

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
MicheBel

In Between

Post by MicheBel »

In Between

BRENDAN BENSON Spit It Out

and

the beginning of Jonesy's Jukebox

we had

Nirvana--with lyrics of: ("who likes all our pretty songs, who likes to sing along...but he don't know what it means")

(Always hated that song.)

--Miche
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Yeah, I was never a big fan of In Bloom either. In all honesty, I don't even think Teen Spirit is that great a song. There are so many superior songs on Nevermind, such as Drain You or Territorial Pissings that never get much recognition. Kind of surprised In Bloom wasn't on yes.net though.

P.s. What was the "bastard" song they mashed with Clash City Rockers?

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

In Between 10:45 am ish 5-3-05

Post by MicheBel »

In Between

COLDPLAY Speed Of Sound

and

the oh-I'm-so-tired-of-this-song THE ARCADE FIRE Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)

we had

X--??????? ("Los Angeles....it felt sad. she had to get out. she gets confused, crying over the deadline, cause the days change to night...")

I can never remember the name of the song...

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Uhhh...Los Angeles.....
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Yeah, it's called Los Angeles, that's a great song.

In Utero is my personal favorite Nirvana album, and it was the second album I owned when I was maybe 11.
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

In Between

Post by MicheBel »

In Between

STEREOPHONICS Dakota

(which I'm starting to appreciate more now that Halloran likes it) ;-)

and

Garbage--Bleed Like Me

we had

Mash Up of the Day--Hard to Freak On (Missy Elliott vs. The Strokes)

(which replaces their listing of THE STROKES Hard To Explain

--Miche
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I missed that!!!!!!!! I can't believe I missed a Strokes mash up!!!!!!!
-Julian Casablancas
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

I'm on a quest to find that Strokes/Missy mash up. I found a really cool forum with all kinds of bootlegs, mashups, mixes, etc. I haven't found that particular one yet, but I have stumbled upon some cool stuff.

Annie, I found a 17 min clip of Interpol songs mashed together with various songs. It's REALLY good so far. I've already heard By The Way by the Chili Peppers mixed with Evil. I know how you love Interpol, so here's a link to the mp3: http://djzebra.free.fr/ZEBRAMIX_Interpol.mp3

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

That's awesome, thanx Kev!!!!!
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

...wait, that just loads to a blank page!
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Really? It should open another temporary window that closes and then the mp3 starts loading in your Windows Media Player. I just clicked on the link above again to make sure I copied it down right and it worked.
I also have an mp3 of The Strokes' Modern Age mixed with a Chemical Bros. song.

http://www.thisisfauna.com/The_Strokes_ ... wn_mix.mp3

I clicked on that one, and it's the same deal. Pop up window opens, closes and loads the song into WMP. Hope it works!

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I guess I was being impatient...
Kevin!!!! That Strokes/ Chemical Bros. song is AMAZING!!!!!! It's beautiful! Wow!!!! Thank you soooo much!!!!!!
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Aww! :D Glad you enjoyed it. I just knew you'd love it. My absoloute favorite part is when the chorus for Modern Age and the Chem Bros' song fuses together and you hear Jules sing, "Leavin' just in time...." Brilliant! Did you happen to notice the guitar riff from U2's Where the Streets Have No Name thrown in the loop towards the middle? :wink:

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Ooooh those Interpol mash up are heaven... That was actually Obstacle 1 that was mashed with the peppers... and then into The cure... gorgeous!!!!
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

lol Oooh, that's right. Geez, I knew that too. hehe That's my favorite song off the first album.

-Kevin.

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I did totally hear U2, and I also loved the way Jules' voice sounded, sort of drowned out and like an old recording, it was great!!!!
MicheBel

Mash Up of the Day

Post by MicheBel »

BTW, kids...

it's called Mash Up of the DAY, which means that it'll be played again on TK's show. Probably around 4:30-4:45 pm.

--Miche
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Thanx Miche, but I'll be @ school, which i'm late for because I'm hearing this mash up Kevin found.
Kevin, I'm on Not Even Jail right now, beautiful. I also love obstacle 1, but my fave from Turn On The Bright Lights might be The New.
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Ah, thanks for the heads up, Miche. I remember hearing a mashup of the Strokes' Someday with another song a while back. I can't for the life of me, remember who it was with now, but I remember it was great. Anyways, I posted a link to that bootleg site I mentioned. Here's another great mp3. Apparently some band from Holland named Bettie Serveert covered Bright Eyes' Lover I Don't Have to Love. Well, someone took that cover and made it into a hypnotic trance-type song. It's unbelievable. In his own words..."I added beats, a massive attack type bassline, strings and sax. Beefed up some of the original drum fills also. Changed the arrangement a tad also."

Enjoy: http://ctomag.com/may16cto/lover.mp3

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Kevin, you're my hero today! You know now I'm going to have expectations!!!!
I love Bright Eyes, that cover is amazing and the remix is brilliant!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
MicheBel

who came first?

Post by MicheBel »

assholitis wrote:Ah, thanks for the heads up, Miche. I remember hearing a mashup of the Strokes' Someday with another song a while back. I can't for the life of me, remember who it was with now, but I remember it was great. Anyways, I posted a link to that bootleg site I mentioned. Here's another great mp3. Apparently some band from Holland named Bettie Serveert covered Bright Eyes' Lover I Don't Have to Love. Well, someone took that cover and made it into a hypnotic trance-type song. It's unbelievable. In his own words..."I added beats, a massive attack type bassline, strings and sax. Beefed up some of the original drum fills also. Changed the arrangement a tad also."

Enjoy: http://ctomag.com/may16cto/lover.mp3
Um, FYI: Bettie Serveert predated Bright Eyes by a decade, at least.

--Miche
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Thanks to your heads up, Miche, I was able to catch the 4:45 rerun of the Strokes vs. Missy. Muchos gracias.

And to Annie: I've been listening to some of the mashups off that site. This one's probably my favorite so far.

http://halley.lunarpages.com/~djbc002/m ... artyhq.mp3

It's Tupac and Snoop vs. Frankie Valli. It's called, Oh What a Night for a Gangster Party. hahaha :D

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Ooh, that's pretty good considereing I REALLY don't like Tupac.
Nice sig Kevin! :wink:
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

lol Yes, it was inspired by me listening to my Strokes concert last night, which in kind inspired me to take both my Strokes CDs to work today. I just got done rocking out to Room on Fire. "Oh really, your folks are away now? Alright, let's go, you convinced me." :D

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

"12:51 was the time my voice found the words I sougnt 'Is this the stage I want?!'"
I love it! Yeah I go through stages where I fall in love with them all over again and just can't get enough. I'm telling you, if you like their slower songs, you'll like this Regina Spektor B-side.... it's so cute because Jules and Regina are singing different lyrics over each other and it just sounds so good. Now I need a Strokesy sig.
MicheBel

mash up timing

Post by MicheBel »

Yeah, I know I listen to Indie too much now. I knew that time sequence (when the afternoon Mash Up was played) without even looking anything up. :shock:

--Miche
*Annie*

Re: mash up timing

Post by *Annie* »

MicheBel wrote:Yeah, I know I listen to Indie too much now. I knew that time sequence (when the afternoon Mash Up was played) without even looking anything up. :shock:

--Miche
scary....
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Kevin, all I could find on the song was a short clip, but atleast you get a sample! :)
http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/window/ ... LO,00.html
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Yay. Sample's better than nothing since I've never heard the song before. It is good, think I might have to download that one tonight. :wink:

I love getting a lyric stuck in my head and throwing it in my siggy.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Glad you like it, and you didn't even get to hear that guitar intro and out... it's oh so good.
My sig sometimes is my favorite thing Jules said at a concert, it's not anything special just the fact that he said it.
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

:D
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

In Between

Post by MicheBel »

In Between

X--See How We Are

and

White Stripes--Blue Orchid (from that girl getting a reaction)

we had

these lyrics: ("talk about yourself again, it's always you you you...I wanted you. now that everybody knows the score. Let's talk about ourselves again. I just found out the name of your best friend...")

Someone please tell me the name of that one...

--Miche

Oh, and btw, this is the first time I've seen (other than Mash Ups) a mistake on Yes.net. They listed Kasabian's LSF playing. It was the song above. LSF didn't play.
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Miche: I almost gave up cause I couldn't find anything on those first few lines, but fortunately I rule. It's the Beat with a song called Best Friend. :D

Annie: Have you heard Courtney Love's song, "But Julian, I'm a Bit Older Than You." You can imagine who it's about. 8) And I <3 the Reptilia video. That scene at the end when it's split into four quarters: Albert's hand on the guitar, Nick's hand on the other guitar, Nikoli's hand on the bass, and Jule's face. You get to see how the entire band meshes together to make that amazing song. Classic!

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

ok..to further perpetuate my dunce status today...what the hell does <3 mean??? I keep meaning to ask the kid, but he still believes I am smart and know all.....ha ha ha ha
Gidge

MicheBel

In Between

Post by MicheBel »

In Between

THE SMITHS What Difference Does It Make?

and

GRAHAM COXON Freakin' Out (and yes, we ARE, aren't we?)

we have

these lyrics: The Clash? The Specials?-- ("you're married with a kid when you should be having fun with ME!...you done too much, much too young")

Lemme just say that one more time: "You're married with a kid when you should be having fun with ME!"

I'm sure someone knows this one...

--Miche
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:ok..to further perpetuate my dunce status today...what the hell does <3 mean??? I keep meaning to ask the kid, but he still believes I am smart and know all.....ha ha ha ha
<3 is a heart, which means love!
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

Hearts

Post by MicheBel »

Kristee: that symbol is a sideways HEART. (Supposed to be, anyway)

Similar to those I LOVE NY bumper stickers. I HEART whatever...

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

That was the Specials....
Gidge

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Kevin, I haven't heard the Courtney song, but I did hear about it. Did you see when she had a Albert and I don't remember but maybe it was Nick (or not) for her 24 hour MTV special... that was pretty funny.

I love that video too. Julian's wearing a gold watch (what?) and they all look so sharp. You're right it does really show how they combine so well to be so damn good. The split screen with the instrument close ups is genuis... I love the close ups on the kick drum, Alberts back and on Nicks dirty old shoe taping along! :)
-Julian Casablancas
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

*Gidge/Trixie/Kristee* wrote:That was the Specials....
Yup, the song's called Much Too Young. Yay Gidge!

*Annie* wrote:Kevin, I haven't heard the Courtney song, but I did hear about it. Did you see when she had a Albert and I don't remember but maybe it was Nick (or not) for her 24 hour MTV special... that was pretty funny.

I love that video too. Julian's wearing a gold watch (what?) and they all look so sharp. You're right it does really show how they combine so well to be so damn good. The split screen with the instrument close ups is genuis... I love the close ups on the kick drum, Alberts back and on Nicks dirty old shoe taping along! :)
haha No, but I'd imagine it might have been a bit uncomfortable for Nick/Albert if Courtney was being overtly flirtatious. Did you know a few of the boys were on Jonesy's Jukebox a while back? I, of course, missed it. :( I heard it was Nick, Albert and I think Fab and they spent the entire time asking Jonesy about the Pistols and such.

lol Yeah, you'd think a concept for a video about closeups on a band would suck, but it's such a brilliant video. Gotta love Jule's bling, Albert's afro and Nick's tapping. haha In the Von Bondies Come On, Come On video, the bassist is seen tapping her checkered shoes and I always thought that was so cool too.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Yeah, and she's wearing cute shoes... I love how they show their legs/feet for a long time and finally at the end show their entire bodies, good video.
I didn't hear that show either, I miss a lot of Jonesy! :oops:
I would love to hear that... I also missed when they were on Love Line. Did you catch them on Mad TV a long, long time ago?
-Julian Casablancas
gidgetgoestohell

Ahhhhsooooo...a heart...oklie doklie...now I am edgimicated.....
Gidge

assholitis

Post by assholitis »

*Annie* wrote:Yeah, and she's wearing cute shoes... I love how they show their legs/feet for a long time and finally at the end show their entire bodies, good video.
I didn't hear that show either, I miss a lot of Jonesy! :oops:
I would love to hear that... I also missed when they were on Love Line. Did you catch them on Mad TV a long, long time ago?
YES! Oh man, I really don't enjoy MAD, so I was kind of just flipping by the reruns on Comedy Central only to see The Strokes playing NYC Cops! You better believe I just turned the volume on my TV full blast and started singing along. I would've thought they were "too cool" to do that show. lol What do I know? I saw 'em on SNL promoting the first album, too. I think. They were on that, right?

*Gidge* wrote:Ahhhhsooooo...a heart...oklie doklie...now I am edgimicated.....
Mhm, now you're ready to hit the AOL chatrooms. :D

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I know, I was surprised they were on it, it wasn't really announced and I just knew because, well I'm a fan... but it was so great... I was totally playing it loud and singin' and dancing all over the place! Now I'm going to go blast some Is This It!!!! They're such a great band live. Not sure if they were on SNL, but they were on Leno for the 1st album... when they were on Mad TV did you see all the hipster kids jump on stage to dance, I would have killed to be there... then the song gets cut off by credits.
-Julian Casablancas
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

haha Ohhh, that's right! I remember jamming and being into it and then the credits cut it off. I was like, The Strokes are cool enough to play a rare B-side on your lame show and you cut them off? How dare you defy them! Idiot, imbecile, jackanape...foolish man! But yes, all this talk about The Strokes playing shows reminded me: did you see when they played the Conan O'Brien Show four Tuesdays in a row to promote Room on Fire? Oh man that was cool. If you missed it, I actually downloaded all four videos from thestrokes.org before they closed down their site. They did What Ever Happened, Reptilia, Under Control and I Can't Win. It's kind of poor quality cause it's ripped from TV, but I'll try and send over if you haven't seen them.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

I can't believe that I didn't know that...

so...<3 to you all.....LMAO
Gidge

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Oh dude, please send them over. I did catch 2 of those shows and they were great! They looked so damn short next to Conan, but everyone does. You know Obrien is actually Jules favorite TV show.
-Julian Casablancas
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Hm, I was thinking about how to send them since it's too big for email. But, what if I uploaded it to the Yahoo group? They have a section specifically for files. I think that's just crazy enough to work. If that falls through, I'll try and upload it to a Yahoo briefcase or something. I'll get on it tonight, hopefully. :D

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

You're awesome, thanx Kev... let's hope it works!
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

Composed again

Post by MicheBel »

OK...

In Between

ELVIS COSTELLO (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes

and

KASABIAN Reason Is Treason

we had

X--Fourth of July.
In Between

THE ARCADE FIRE Wake Up

and

Graham Coxon--Freaking Out

we had

Mash Up of the Day--Stop that Girl
In Between

Graham Coxon--Freaking Out

and

RADIOHEAD Creep

we had

The Jam--That's Entertainment (and btw, NO, it sure ISN'T)

--Miche
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

It's the Return of the In Betweens! I stopped listening to my new Weezer CD and turned on Indie tonight instead.

In Between...

Doves - Black and White Town

AND

Screaming Trees - I Nearly Lost You

We had new buzz band of the moment...

Rock 'n' Roll Soldiers - Anthem

It's an alright song. It reminds me of the White Stripes. Similar high-pitched vocals, and really loud rocking music.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

2 In Betweens in one night. And this one's a double header. I'm making up for lost time, people!

In Between that lame ass Carl's Jr. baby commercial

AND

Tegan & Sara - Speak Slow (I really enjoy this song. Maybe even more than Walking with a Ghost, which I also thought was a great song. I'm glad even Miche, our resident T & S hater, liked the lyrics for this new song. :) )

We had....

The Weirdos - We Got the Neutron Bomb

In Between Tegan & Sara - Speak Slow

AND

Nirvana - Rape Me

We had...

The Killers - Mr. Brightside (demo version)

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

tegan and sara

Post by MicheBel »

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh In Betweens again! I'm so happy.

And dude, I'm not a hater. I'm a lover, not a fighter.

OK, I don't like Walking with a Ghost, but how bad can a girl group from Canada be? And the lyrics to Speak Slow are great. Someday maybe I'll actually HEAR it?

:(

--Miche
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

hehe Yeah, after I wrote that I thought, "I hope Miche doesn't think that was a negative comment." Maybe a better phrasing would have been, indifferent to T & S. And even if you were a "resident hater," I think there's quite a few residents with you. lol I guess the only ones who still like Walking with a Ghost are Tom, Annie and myself.

Yeah, the new song is great. I think you'll really dig it once you get to hear it. :)

-Kevin

P.s. Check my post in the Happening Bands and Music section. It's one of those, "If you really want to know what's next, just keep listening" songs that Indie plays. Seeing as it's just one of those and not a regular rotation song, I don't think it's gotten much airplay yet. So you might not get a chance to hear it otherwise. I included a video link with it. So check ch-check-ch-check it out.

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

T&S

Post by MicheBel »

Thanks Kev. Don't tell Tegan and Sara Tom, but I'm actually thinking of including that song in next week's Miche Top 30 Indie list. :wink:

--Miche
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I miss Walking With a Ghost in heavy rotation.... =(
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

No Indie is horrible (or 94.9)

Post by MicheBel »

So my life now is reading the songs. First the Indie songs on Yes.Net (then looking up all their lyrics). Then repeat the same with 94.9 at 2 pm.

Occasionally, what's been happening is that the words will plug into the audio track in my mind, and the song will start playing.

Is this what it's like in prison? When you have no radio, but you just play it for yourself in your head? I'm so glad that I got a good solid dose of Indie to tide me over...

sigh. (Playing right now, in my head, Rancid's Red Hot Moon...)

--Miche :cry:

(I have to say that this was the most fun yesterday when Halloran played George Clinton's Atomic Dog.) :)
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

"Under the red hot moon take the bus down town to the grave yard shift tonight!" Love that Rancid!
-Julian Casablancas
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Ah, yes. I like Rancid, I used to love 'em before Tim's band got played in shampoo commercials. *shiver* I don't mind so much when bands get played in commercials, but him and Lars have always been so adamant about calling out other bands for selling out, it's kind of disappointing to see them do the same. It's kind of funny, cause Lars talked shit on Blink 182 for being too commercial and Tim goes and forms a band with Travis. ...And Out Come the Wolves is one of my favorite albums, though. Actually, the song Roots Radicals was the first song I ever heard on Indie and how I first discovered it wasn't a dance station anymore. :D

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Yeah, I was really big into the Transplants before... I know every song by memory... I saw them live and they sucked more than any band I have ever seen... they missed every beat and kept messing up... terrible. But I still respect them a lot.... I don't think they're sell outs. As much as I am anti-Blink, I did feel that Travis was a bit above the rest of the band. As much as I love Rancid, the only thing I try not to think about is them being mentors and fans of Good Charlotte, good lord.
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

Worst band I ever saw was "The Queens of the Stone Age" opening for "Rage Against the Machine" @ the Fourm in December of 1999. You want to talk about not knowing how to play..........geez,. The "Transplants" are cool, I know Travis for the month and a half he stayed in college, and I know Tim & Lars from my siser's -ex. If they sucked when you saw them, it was just because they were trashed. In reality they are articulate and incieful; and very democratic (Clinton-esque).

-tom (is drunk)
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Wow, I'm kind of surprised to hear the Transplants performed so poorly. Maybe like Tom said, it's cause they were wasted. They're all really good at what they do, especially Travis. I love DJ DJ. Good lyrics.

Yeah, Rancid actually are peers and friends of Good Charlotte these days. Benji from GC, Kelly Osbourne and Skinhead Rob are actually all in the Fall Back Down single. But like I said, I don't really care if a band "sells out" and I'm not even sure if Rancid has done that, but what really gets to me is when an artist goes out of their way to declare their punk rock ethos and insult other bands for "selling out" only to do the same later on down the road. I remember a special on the history of punk music, where Lars said that poser bands who come out and claim to be punk while still being commercial were an insult to his entire way of life. Fast forward to a radio interview I heard last year where Lars was saying that he thinks bands like Good Charlotte are carrying on the torch from Rancid and NOFX. :shock:

Maybe Queens just did poorly cause it was earlier in their career. From what I've heard, they're supposed to be a pretty musically tight band and put on a really great show these days. I still have yet to see them live, though. Missed out on tickets to the last show they did at the Henry Fonda.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

At the time I saw The Transplants, I was soooo into them, that I was just happy to see them and I didn't really care how off they were.... plus it made it really punk!
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

HEY GUYS!!!

Post by MicheBel »

I actually have some In Betweens! (Ok, from Dicky's show, but STILL!) They were great! I'm so excited!!

(You shoulda seen me...unfortunately for the people around me, I was in two very long stoplights for both of these songs, and I was bouncing up and down in my car...couldn't resist.)

IN BETWEEN (god, it feels so good to write that again!!!!)

09:11 AM HORRORPOPS Where They Wander

and

09:28 AM RANCID Indestructible

we had

Burning Sensations--Belly of the Whale

and

Lene Lovich--Lucky Number

WARNING: these are two songs I MUST dance to whereever I'm at. I apologize to my fellow drivers. (But BOY! was that fun!) :D

--Miche
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

Ben Lee "Float On" acoustic
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
MicheBel

In Between 6-9-05 5 am ish

Post by MicheBel »

Well, this isn't on even close to right now, but for some reason I was up at 5 am ish this morning, and heard this In Between.

In Between

05:18 AM THE MARS VOLTA L'Via L'Viaquez

and

05:25 AM BOB MARLEY & THE WAILERS Buffalo Soldier

we had

The B-52s--Devil in My Car
MicheBel

Honor the Dads

Post by MicheBel »

Hey kids! Cause I forgot I had to get coffee for everyone today, I had to run back out, and happened to hear the beginning of a really cool DAD set. Don't remember what was before it, but

we had

Cat Stevens--Cat's Cradle

and THE CLASH Revolution Rock
(tell your mama, tell your pa pa..., etc.)

Very cool. Whoever did this. :wink:

--Miche
MicheBel

In Between!

Post by MicheBel »

Man, I love when I'm able to sneak these in!

IN Between 6-21 5:50 pm-ish

05:42 PM KASABIAN L.S.F. (Lost Souls Forever)

and

05:49 PM M.I.A. Fire Fire

we had

X's Devil Doll! :wink:

Paul Anka rebroadcast coming up!!! Woohoo! And I'm a listening!!!

--Miche
MicheBel

In Between 5 am ish

Post by MicheBel »

Boy, I almost wish I wasn't bolted awake for this. But since I was, here you go.

In Between

05:43 AM BRITISH SEA POWER Please Stand Up

and

05:49 AM THE WHITE STRIPES Blue Orchid

we had a song which I'd love to know the name and full lyrics of:

something about "I don't wanna be your friend no more....we had a nice long run...and it was fun..." etc.

Then we had

"Strangers When We Meet" (not the David Bowie one); all about how when we see each other, we have to act like strangers. Over and over.

I think there was a couple others, but I was too dazed to write anything down.

It finished with

05:55 AM XTC Making Plans For Nigel

Any lyrics/song names help would be appreciated.

--Miche :cry:
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Smithereens - Strangers When We Meet. I love hearing that song on ze Indie.
As for the other song with the lyrics - Hm. I know you've posted this one before. I can't remember if I came up with a song title and artist or if I could never find it. I tried searching for it in the messages to no avail. Also, a Yahoo search on those lyrics didn't bring anything up. Sorry. Well, 1 for 2 isn't bad, right? :wink:

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

sigh

Post by MicheBel »

Thanks, Kev. Smithereens is good. :)

--Miche
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

after Radiohead

Yeah Yeah Yeahs -Maps- acoustic
-tom

MicheBel

In Between Catch-up

Post by MicheBel »

OK, yesterday, we had a Bang Bang set.

In Between

Nancy Sinatra's BANG BANG

and

07:22 AM STAMPEDERS Sweet City Woman

we also had Iggy Pop's BANG BANG.

THIS morning,

In Between

05:23 AM THE POLICE Hole In My Life

and

05:36 AM NOUVELLE VAGUE I Melt With You

we had

that Red Beans and Rice song, whoever it's by...

ALSO

IN BETWEEN

05:43 AM PEARL JAM Even Flow

and

the start of Jonesy's Jukebox Rebroadcast

we had this really great song

don't know who sang it...but it's about a guy standing outside some girl's window...the only lyric I remember was:

"I'm only losing you....no really, I'm fine..."

Any help would be appreciated....

--Miche

(God, I love when I can do In Betweens again...!)
MicheBel

In Between

Post by MicheBel »

I gotta squeeze an earlier set in first...bear with me...

In between

05:14 AM M.I.A. Fire Fire

and

05:20 AM FOO FIGHTERS No Way Back

we had

ELVIS COSTELLO's Less Than Zero

then

AZTEC CAMERA's Oblivious

then

I think it was a frikkin Bosstones song, I can't believe I'm asking about a Bosstones song, but the main lyrics were "Where Were You?" (I can't find the lyrics though)

then

05:29 AM THE RAVEONETTES Ode To L.A.

then

05:33 AM BUZZCOCKS I Believe

05:36 AM THE WHITE STRIPES My Doorbell

05:40 AM NIRVANA All Apologies

then, a really cool song. The only line which stuck in my head was "a heart of stone can be broken with a mighty blow". Help with that would be appreciated...

Then the Jonesy Rebroadcast started. Thanks guys!

In Between

Help with this one, please...

In Between

09:56 AM AEROSMITH You See Me Crying

and

10:06 AM CORNERSHOP Brimful Of Asha (Fatboy Slim Remix)

we had a song whose lyrics included:

"Don't Cry"...(many times) and "don't cry over a love that's been lost" (more or less)

thanks.

--Michelle

PS--Oh, and can I just add that I frikkin love it when Brimful of Asha is played? :) LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Makes my day.
MicheBel

In Between

Post by MicheBel »

In Between

05:06 PM FOO FIGHTERS No Way Back

and

05:32 PM ASH Meltdown

we had

IGGY Raw Power

and this amazing, cool new song:

DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE Soul Meets Body

and a ton of commercials

--Miche
MicheBel

X Ray Spex!

Post by MicheBel »

In Between

05:47 PM KASABIAN L.S.F. (Lost Souls Forever)

and

05:53 PM THE SMASHING PUMPKINS Perfect

we had

Oh Bondage, Up Yours by X Ray Spex!!!