I love Moz...

What's playing on Indie right now.

Moderator: Admin

Gooch

I love Moz...

Post by Gooch »

...but Indie is killing the single!!! WTF?!?! They're playing almost as much as those Toyota commercials.
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

You mean those vegeterrian restaurant commercials
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

Glenn wrote:You mean those vegeterrian restaurant commercials
:roll:
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

I like the first song on the album. I've listened to it a couple times and like it a lot more than his older stuff
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

obiwankobe wrote:I like the first song on the album. I've listened to it a couple times and like it a lot more than his older stuff
There's a couple of slow ones I can live without, but its pretty good, but then again, he can do no wrong... :D
~Gooch

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

...is ti something about a vetenerian...
RobertKP

Re: I love Moz...

Post by RobertKP »

Gooch wrote:...but Indie is killing the single!!! WTF?!?! They're playing almost as much as those Toyota commercials.
It was the most played song on Indie last week & probably will be this week too. I heard TK say that they are getting lots of requests to play it. They will probably slow down on playing it in another week. Then they will play something else to death.
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!
memnon

Post by memnon »

Well, the good thing is they play lots of other stuff in between the stuff they have to play to death. For instance I got to blast the Dead Boys' "Sonic Reducer" this afternoon much to the annoyance of people walking down the street. :twisted:

Thanks Indie!
Its difficult to comprehend how insane some people can be, especially when you're insane.
RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

8) really 8) Believe me, I 'm not complaining! I love the stuff that Indie plays, even the songs that get played too much. I'm actually not tired of "You have Killed Me" yet & I'll never get tired of "Start Wearing Purple" or "Go" (Tones on Tail) or "People Who Died" or heaps of other songs played on Indie. :D
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

RobertKP wrote:8) really 8) Believe me, I 'm not complaining! I love the stuff that Indie plays, even the songs that get played too much. I'm actually not tired of "You have Killed Me" yet & I'll never get tired of "Start Wearing Purple" or "Go" (Tones on Tail) or "People Who Died" or heaps of other songs played on Indie. :D

Start wearing purp[le is a cool song. I WONDER IF the album is good.
memnon

Post by memnon »

I'm certainly not complaining. Especially after TK explained one day why they (and other radio stations) have to play songs to death. Made total sense to me. Just so long as they don't become another KROQ I will die happy. :)
Its difficult to comprehend how insane some people can be, especially when you're insane.
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

I equate this with what was going on with Matisyahu...who was a guest on KROQ btw last week......
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
Stuartmm

.. only my opinion ...

Post by Stuartmm »

I am not the biggest Pearl Jam fan in the world by a long, long, long way but at least Vedder has made promos for Indie and appearred there. Nothing from Morrissey or Matisyahu, apart from him compromising in an interview with Native Wayne.
And ,i grew up in the UK in the 70s and 80's and the Smiths werent that big of a band .. more hype than anything...better known for the flowers in the pocket than anything else... Better bands were going on but never got the pandering too that the Smiths got. They fitted in with the NME and Melody Maker journos. Go find the "Honey at the Core" compilation etc for a more representative sound of 80s Britain. The Smiths were never a part of what was going on. They avoided the politics and whined and moaned instead of trying to make a difference. No Red Wedge for them.
Why not more Billy Bragg on Indie.. !!!!!
Did you ever see the show with Gus MacDonald ? ... Johnny Marr was musical edge of the Smiths not Morrissey.

Have to go get some sleep now to put up with people pretending to be Irish later today ... remember if you werent born there .. you're not Irish.
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Hey now Stu....those just might be fighting words....about the Irish part....I am proud of my Irish heritage....
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Even the Irish don't know that they are Irish.
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

Moz is Irish....he's Irish blood, but English heart...
~Gooch

Glenn

Re: .. only my opinion ...

Post by Glenn »

Stuartmm wrote: And ,i grew up in the UK in the 70s and 80's and the Smiths werent that big of a band .. more hype than anything...better known for the flowers in the pocket than anything else... ? ...

"Stangeways Here We Come" was quite a well known commercially successful record, no? Kind of made them a household name...beyond the standard alternative groove. Of course it is released as they are breaking up.

Johnny Marr was musical edge of the Smiths not Morrissey.

Yip. I've always loved the Smiths more than Morrissey solo stuff.

Johnny Marr put out a solo record a few years back. Never heard it though.
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

Yeah, but the music could not stand alone without Morrissey's lyrics. Who's the one that has the career now and the major fan base? Moz, not Marr...
~Gooch