What's playing on Indie right now.

Moderator: Admin

MicheBel

Punk Rock on TK's show

Post by MicheBel »

Yup. Right now.

BAD RELIGION Suffer

"the masses of humanity always have to suffer"
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
zzzzzzz

Post by zzzzzzz »

you dont know anything about punk rock.
MicheBel

punk rock

Post by MicheBel »

I know that "BAD RELIGION Suffer" isn't on the "playlist."

And go ahead and tell me they aren't punk rock...
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Umm...Bad Religion is no longer punk rock dumbass....not anymore than Social D is....that would be Social Distortion for you....
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
zzzzzzz

Post by zzzzzzz »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Umm...Bad Religion is no longer punk rock dumbass....not anymore than Social D is....that would be Social Distortion for you....

she's gone to look at her
"punk rock "
handbook.
gidgetgoestohell

Nonononononononono Z....she knows ALL intuitively.....~nod nod nod~ The Gospel according to Boo Hoo....should have been a book in the bible....but according to SHE WHO HAS NO NAME....God fucked up....
Gidge

assholitis

Post by assholitis »

They play lots of Bad Religion on KROQ, and have been long before Indie was ever a station. I guess that makes KROQ way more punk rock than Indie.
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

...and BR will NOT come and speak on Indie....but they run like little lap dogs to KROQ...wonder why? Oh yes...KROQ has POWER in Los Angeles....
Gidge

jack
Site Admin

Post by jack »

Some Bad Religion songs are punk rock.
gidgetgoestohell

Old Bad Religion....I agree...the new stuff, not so much....I still like Bad Religion....but I view their newer stuff in the same light as Social D's.....it's all about evolution....
Gidge

RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

The fans at Warped 2 years ago sure thought they were punk. The slam circle spread through half the crowd & went madhouse. Whatever you call their stuff, they were fuckin' awesome.
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!
gidgetgoestohell

I kind of lump them together with the aforementioned SD and The Offspring....they have "crossed over" and that isn't a bad thing...they are loyal to their roots and are SMART...I just don't consider them "punk" anymore...

Bad Religion and Shattered Faith used to play gigs together ALOT in the old days....BR made it into the "big time" SF didn't....and so it goes....

An old friend of mine from back the day runs the Wrped Tour...so, while I have mixed feelings about that tour...if it gets the message out...so be it....
Gidge

zzzzzzz

Post by zzzzzzz »

MICHE, INSULTS ANOTHER INDIE ON AIR PERSONALITY

from her weekly Indie list:

"Overall morning items: LOVE the surf music behind Surf Junky Jeff's reports now. Tony: please run the board. Don't talk."

why is she so negative? what did this guy Tony do to her? and why is she, and what gives her the right to question the team Mr. Steele is trying to build, for the new Indie Mornings, or any of his decisions?
LATaurus

Post by LATaurus »

:lol:

I'm sure "Tony" cried himself to sleep after reading that.... :roll:
MicheBel

one mor time

Post by MicheBel »

What? You gonna post this in every thread, now, zzzzzz?

OK, so I'll say again. Michael Steele has created an amazing station. I do not question any of his decisions. He has given us something truly amazing and I am behind whatever he chooses to do with Indie, whomever he chooses to hire, and whomever he chooses to fire.

He rules. :D
zzzzzzz

Post by zzzzzzz »

MICHE, INSULTS ANOTHER INDIE ON AIR PERSONALITY

from her weekly Indie list:

"Overall morning items: LOVE the surf music behind Surf Junky Jeff's reports now. Tony: please run the board. Don't talk."

why is she so negative? what did this guy Tony do to her? and why is she, and what gives her the right to question the team Mr. Steele is trying to build, for the new Indie Mornings, or any of his decisions?
OneOldPunk

Post by OneOldPunk »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Old Bad Religion....I agree...the new stuff, not so much....I still like Bad Religion....but I view their newer stuff in the same light as Social D's.....it's all about evolution....
I agree 100%. I have always loved BR, but I must admit, they are not the band they used to be.

On a side note. My daughters uncle works at Epitaph, and Brett G. was having a party, and knowing that she was a big fan, invited her to the party (with her uncle of course). The thing is, it was the day we left for SF. She got all teary eyed cuz she couldn't go. But when we got to LAX, we got her mind off of it.
I'm not a big fan of his, but she was pretty excited about this.
Last edited by OneOldPunk on Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
I feel all itchy!
zzzzzzz

Post by zzzzzzz »

What? You gonna post this in every thread, now, zzzzzz?

why not eh mich, i may as well be as obnoxious as your posts and lists are

OK, so I'll say again. Michael Steele has created an amazing station. I do not question any of his decisions. He has given us something truly amazing and I am behind whatever he chooses to do with Indie, whomever he chooses to hire, and whomever he chooses to fire.

He rules.

Then stop bad mouthing, and shit talking the people he hires. So far you've called TK, and Chuck stupid. You wanted Stacey and Liz to "DIE". You got Jonesy's blog shut down, by showing him no respect. You want Tony to shut his mouth.
Why don't you ever include these shows on your list, or call the host wondrous? 1. Feel My Heat w/ Brent Bolthouse & Danny Masterson, 2. Chaos with Jackie, 3. Barely Legal Radio with Joe Escalante, 4. Head Trip w/ Christian B, 5. Camp Freddy Radio, 6. Nina Blackwood's New Wave Nation, 7. Native Wayne's Reggae Smoke-In, or 8. Suicide Girls Radio, Why? because you don't like these shows, or Mr. Steele's decision to air them. If that's not the truth then why don't you tell us how you HONESTLY feel abut those 8 shows.
Stop putting down the people on Indie, no one wants to hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rotter

Post by rotter »

hmmm......Miche vs. everyone.....I like it....go Miche go! :D Say somethin in your defence....say"lick my snapper you fuckin cock hungry bitches...then you'll know what cock taste like".....aahaha :lol:
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

OneOldPunk wrote:
gidgetgoestohell wrote:Old Bad Religion....I agree...the new stuff, not so much....I still like Bad Religion....but I view their newer stuff in the same light as Social D's.....it's all about evolution....
I agree 100%. I have always loved BR, but I must admit, they are not the band they used to be.

On a side note. My daughters uncle works at Epitaph, and Brett G. was having a party, and knowing that she was a big fan, invited her to the party (with her uncle of course). The thing is, it was the day we left for SF. She got all teary eyed cuz she couldn't go. But when we got to LAX, we got her mind off of it.
I'm not a big fan of his, but she was pretty excited about this.
Awww...she looks so happy!!!! :D
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
rotter

Post by rotter »

yeah...shes lost in the illusion of mtv,maybe...maybe not?..(smilin kids with cunts)!.....
Last edited by rotter on Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
rotter

Post by rotter »

spoiled mtv musicians...they ain't artists.....THEY ARE FUCKING PRODUCTS OF THE MACHINE......no respect!They are spoiled cunts..I hate mtv products.....fuckin hate em all...
OneOldPunk

Post by OneOldPunk »

rotter wrote:yeah...shes lost in the illusion of mtv.....sad :P
She was a little star struck is all. Make no mistake rotter, that kid knows who is who, and why. Her personal music collection would make your head spin. She is not lost in ANY illusion. The only thing I can muster out of your comments, is that you generalize a bit too much. Being a music snob is just as bad as being a spoiled rock star. Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't make it all bad. I personally don't like Blink or the Transplants too much, but I can appriciate that others do. The fact that you can't is, well.....sad.
I feel all itchy!
gidgetgoestohell

If you don't mind Oopsie...I'd like to add....that we are ALL tools in some way or another....and to say something shitty about a sweet teenage girl being jazzed at meeting somebody is just plain fucked up....

I gotta give Ooopsie credit here....if Rotty had said something half as offensive aboy Himself....I'd be on him like white on rice....you better believe it....
Gidge

rotter

Post by rotter »

well i don''t care what anyone thinks of me.....really.Fuck off.Shes grasping at giant roaches that i despise...you just don't fuckin get it...your're all products of tv and mtv....raised on the tit of broadcast.I abhore the spoiled rock.....hate em all..the kids are brainwashed.Like I says...I say whatever I fuckin want.
rotter

Post by rotter »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:If you don't mind Oopsie...I'd like to add....that we are ALL tools in some way or another....and to say something shitty about a sweet teenage girl being jazzed at meeting somebody is just plain fucked up....

I gotta give Ooopsie credit here....if Rotty had said something half as offensive aboy Himself....I'd be on him like white on rice....you better believe it....
Nothin against the girl...I just get fired up over the spoiled cunts that call themselves artists...
rotter

Post by rotter »

and to see them lavish their way in the world makes me fuckin sick...they are people I would attack.
gidgetgoestohell

I am sure that you didn't mean anything about his daughter...but the problem there is that it APPEARED that way...you are a parent...and you know how it is when you think somebody is attacking your child....
Gidge

OneOldPunk

Post by OneOldPunk »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:If you don't mind Oopsie...I'd like to add....that we are ALL tools in some way or another....and to say something shitty about a sweet teenage girl being jazzed at meeting somebody is just plain fucked up....

Thanks Gidge. I really don't think WE are the ones "that don't get it!"
I feel all itchy!
rotter

Post by rotter »

Don't care to "get it"...never had nothin anyways...nothin to loose,nothing gained.I wasn't attacking his kid...it was a "generalized" statement from what I see around me...kids licking this shit up and buying into the crap.Nuff said...
gidgetgoestohell

Ok...so....ice cream...what's your favorite flavor? I like Jamocha Almond Fudge from 31 Flavors best....

Discuss.....
Gidge

java

Post by java »

Chocolate Mousse Royale..also from the House of 31 Flavahs! Nice segue.. Gidge!
Logic: The Art Of Being Wrong With Confidence
LATaurus

Post by LATaurus »

Baseball Nut, also from the house of 31 flaves

YUMMMMMMMMMMMM

gonna have to get some this weekend
OneOldPunk

Post by OneOldPunk »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Ok...so....ice cream...what's your favorite flavor? I like Jamocha Almond Fudge from 31 Flavors best....

Discuss.....
In the spirit of the Tom and Katie's new arrival, I will have two scoops of Whipped Fruit After Birth!
I feel all itchy!
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Ok...so....ice cream...what's your favorite flavor? I like Jamocha Almond Fudge from 31 Flavors best....

Discuss.....
I knew I loved you for a reason...That's my favorite too! I'll make sure I keep it in stock at home.
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
gidgetgoestohell

java wrote:Chocolate Mousse Royale..also from the House of 31 Flavahs! Nice segue.. Gidge!

;)
Gidge

gidgetgoestohell

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Oopsie....gggggeeeeeeerrrrrooooooosssssss.....

Yeah Goochie....me....you...a tub of Jamocha and two spoons=bliss
Gidge

OneOldPunk

Post by OneOldPunk »

:twisted:
I feel all itchy!
gidgetgoestohell

I'd share our ice cream with you Oopsie....but I think that Goochie would demand that you brush your teeth after eating your own double scoop over there....;)
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

NO TRIXIE!!! If he wants ice cream and can go get it from Mary Ann!!!!
~Gooch

gidgetgoestohell

Ooooooooooo....FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!
Gidge

OneOldPunk

Post by OneOldPunk »

Gooch wrote:NO TRIXIE!!! If he wants ice cream and can go get it from Mary Ann!!!!
I hear she makes a killer coconut cream ice cream!
:wink:
I feel all itchy!
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

I guess its true...a way to a man's heart is through his stomach....
All I can offer is shopping info and coupons... :cry:
~shakes fist at Mary Ann and her coconut cream pies~
~Gooch

rotter

Post by rotter »

I fucked an eskimo pie once...
Brad-Cow-Disease

Post by Brad-Cow-Disease »

Thatz cuz yous a bipolar bear. :lol:
E = Nothing
chriswasanon

Post by chriswasanon »

I like the Cream o' Galloway ice cream meself - or mebbe if I'm slummin' it, a Cornetto.

Bad Religion - noisy band - had a neighbour who used to get pissed drunk and stoned fall asleep and then leave that stuff on volume 11 allnight - he wasn't popular.

Whether punk is still alive or not I can't say - for some people it died a death years ago for others the X generation of acts see themselves as the inheritors and torch bearers of Punk.

Punk is dead.

Yes that's right punk is dead
just another cheap product for the consumer's head
bubble gum rock on plastic transistor
school boy sedition backed by big time promoter.

Crass. 1978. From their excellent Feeding of the Five Thousand.

Now I liked them - mebbe they were poseurs and puritanical but they made me think and they had a fantastic artist in Gee Vaucher. As good as Jamie Reid. And they kick started a lot of good bands.

I understand absolutely what the Rotter is saying. Punk is another ready to wear style with its own sub-culture absorbed into the system and made safe - wasn't punk really at its most interesting before it got labelled and tagged and made safe?

I used to like to see whilst we all posed in our SEDS finery uniforms in my little home town those that did not and wore old overcoats and liked Killing Joke and were not part of the punk elite.

Then again there were Edinburgh's finest - "The Exploited" who sang "punk's not dead"

insistently and there is that film now aint there? 30 years have passed by. Miraculously we are still here droning on about punk - wonder if we will be here in another 30 years. Senilie old farts.

I had people in 1986 tellin me that punk was dead, in 1980 when I first got into it punk was dead. It was all Oi at least in the UK by then or that new Mod.

In 1977 there were people who were anxious to distance themselves from it in the wake of Grundy and the rival tribal wars that sprang up. Punx v Teds Punx v Mods Punx v Greasers Punx v Straights. No one seriously wants to get the shit kicked out of them over some sub-culture. There was a running battle at a Stranglers gig in my home town and they weren't even punk. Football er soccer casuals wot used to be yobs and hooligans deliberately went out of their way to break that gig up. Well mebbe its just the yoof kicking off, eh? We all have similiar tales...

In some ways its good to be an old git, I don't get the 1000 yard stare anymore, people don't spit at me in the street or attack me because I look different. And if I want to dress up - well - its all just a wardrobe away. Besides have you seen the youth of today? To them I am invisible and whether we like it or like it not - it is the yoof that dictate style and fashion and you can only get one crack at that and then it moves on to something else...They print handy guides in the paper nowadays how to identfiy what your child is into by their dress. Yep.

Not to mention the punk scene in Sweden or the Stateside scene or the Australian scene or the German scene and so on...then and now.

It was good to hear Steve playing the Splodgers last night though ;-)

And Johnny's up there in his bedroom sittin' in the dark
annoy the neighbours with his punk rock electric guitar.

The Members Sound of the Suburbs - oh but weren't they New Wave?

Gah...

Wonder if Steve will play the obscure Splodgers follow up - lager house?
"It is I, the gorrilla of 3b. Nigel Molesworth".
MicheBel

snap this

Post by MicheBel »

rotter wrote:hmmm......Miche vs. everyone.....I like it....go Miche go! :D Say somethin in your defence....say"lick my snapper you fuckin cock hungry bitches...then you'll know what cock taste like".....aahaha :lol:
hahahahaha ah, more fun just to watch them eat their own tails, Rotter... :wink:
gidgetgoestohell

I think that it is funnier that you continue to align yourself with the very same people that were pivotal in having the Jonsey blog closed down....maybe that is what the influx here has been of late....simply another group mind fuck orchestrated by BOO HOO because her feelers have been hurt......
Gidge

shloemoe

Post by shloemoe »

Am I paranoid gidge? pivotal....moi?....I certainlly dont want to think that!
should I poke a jab at mich to prove my anti-mich loyalties?

K...here goes...Mich you have very inflated...UM...inflated...egotistical
charactoristics!!!!....YOU!

There!
Shloemoe has gone. Adieu...Adieu!
rotter

Post by rotter »

I closed the blog......get off Miches' tits!
gidgetgoestohell

A few of you did....yup....and we won't have that here now, will we boys???????
Gidge

rotter

Post by rotter »

Yeah...I wasn't the only one... :wink:
MicheBel

those inflations

Post by MicheBel »

shloemoe wrote:Am I paranoid gidge? pivotal....moi?....I certainlly dont want to think that!
should I poke a jab at mich to prove my anti-mich loyalties?

K...here goes...Mich you have very inflated...UM...inflated...egotistical
charactoristics!!!!....YOU!

There!
BIG KISS! Thanks for noticing, Schloe...

--Miche
shloemoe

Post by shloemoe »

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Shloemoe has gone. Adieu...Adieu!