An Indie Intervention

What's playing on Indie right now.

Moderator: Admin

MicheBel

An Indie Intervention

Post by MicheBel »

Well, the hammer has come down. Due to excessive crying at my workplace, my boss has decreed that I can no longer listen to Indie during the day.

So I would REALLY appreciate it if someone out there could take over the In Betweens. There must be someone listening at work who can post them. I showed you how, have at it.

What's that song about God out there laughing? I swear, his timing on this one is impeccable.

Don't worry though, I'm still posting in the forum...for now, anyway. And following along on Yes.Net.

--Miche sigh...
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

What was the basis of their complaint?
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
MicheBel

Explanation

Post by MicheBel »

Well, I honestly don't blame them one bit. I'm such an Indie junkie. The headphones go on as soon as I get there, and pretty much don't go off until I leave. Not very productive work behavior, not to mention being antisocial. It's only a problem when the big boss is trying to phone you with an urgent request, and you miss it because you're deep in your own shit, which is what happened today.

Hence, it'll never happen again, cause as much as I love Indie (and previously 94.9), my job is kinda important to me right now.

Makes me sad, but I've been following 94.9 on Yes.Net for months now, I'll just do the same with Indie, and listen to the rebroadcasts. Miss all the cool banter, but what can you do? I wish both Indie and 94.9 would get their shit together and offer podcasts, so people could listen whenever they want, and not be tied to work hours.

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Aww, Miche! :( Jeez, welcome to my world. The land without...Indie. Blah, it was roughly 6 months or so ago that I lost my ability to listen at work and I still check periodically to see if it's back up. That's how much I miss Indie, and particularly Jonesy's Jukebox in my day. It probably sounds weird and even obsessive to feel this way about a radio station, but I've never listened to a station quite like this.
Well, even without Indie, I still have my headphones on for a pretty good amount of the day listening to CDs and an online station I found. I've actually been fortunate enough not to miss a call yet, partially because the ringer at my desk is LOUD. lol Like seriously, I listen to my music full blast and I still hear that ringer pierce through every time someone calls. And actually, I just got hired as an official employee and I'm switching to another department. Maybe the radio reception might be a wee bit better, or at the very least, there won't be a firewall and I can stream Indie once again.

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Indie withdrawal

Post by MicheBel »

Good luck to you with that, Kevin. Man, it's one day, and I'm in Indie withdrawal. Following along on Yes.Net and imagining the songs playing just isn't the same thing.

Yeah, my boss actually outlawed the headphones most of all. And everyone around me is way into quiet, like it's a bloody library or something, so there's no way I could listen without the headphones either. It sucks royally. But I must take my medicine, and keep looking at my paycheck.

--Miche
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

Do what I used to do before I worked for myself. Keep the headphones, just don't wear them, leave them on the desk and turn the volume up full blast. It is suprisingly clear also.

-tom
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
MicheBel

Thanks!

Post by MicheBel »

Well, ya know...that WOULD get around what they asked me to do. I mean, he asked me NOT to wear the headphones. As long as it isn't too loud for other people...hmmm...

Don't wanna push it today, cause the boss is in a pissy mood, but I'm going to try that.

--Miche

(We Indie addicts must have our drug!)