INDIE's lawyer show is on now

What's playing on Indie right now.

Moderator: Admin

MicheBel

INDIE's lawyer show is on now

Post by MicheBel »

Kristee? are you listening? We need your expert opinion on this guy...

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

I was actually doing some research on expectation of privacy and minors at the time....but he sounded good....and he IS a Vandal.....(I knew Steve-O back in the old days)
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

I like Joe Escalante and I like the concept of a show to help out ordinary people with legal questions. But for me pesonally, it just doesn't fit in with Indie. I'm used to hearing a half hour of music before Jonesy on my lunch break and instead I was listening to talk radio. I dunno, did the rest of you enjoy it? Major props to Joe for landing Maynard as his first guest. Not too shabby.

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

I enjoyed it. It was different. Even though some of the advice didn't apply to me, it was still interesting to hear.
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

Speaking of The Vandals, who's up to going to the OC fair to see them?
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
MicheBel

BAD time slot choice

Post by MicheBel »

assholitis wrote:I like Joe Escalante and I like the concept of a show to help out ordinary people with legal questions. But for me pesonally, it just doesn't fit in with Indie. I'm used to hearing a half hour of music before Jonesy on my lunch break and instead I was listening to talk radio. I dunno, did the rest of you enjoy it? Major props to Joe for landing Maynard as his first guest. Not too shabby.

-Kevin
Well, I didn't listen to it, since I'm radioless at work, but I'll tell ya, I'm right with you, Kev. I was way into the groove of music all day, and listening for an hour on a Friday to some lawyer doesn't fit at all with what they had going there. REALLY bad time slot choice.

Any day in the daytime is a bad timeslot choice. Any evening would be much better, but I think the best time for that dude is the weekend sometime.
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

They did play some songs...it was almost like a continuation of the morning show.
~Gooch

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Dr Laura gives bad advise.

Dr Laura told her to leave me.

And she did.
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
Stuartmm

show

Post by Stuartmm »

So the people who couldnt listen complained about no songs,
but when i was listening i heard songs and interesting ones at that.
( remakes of Fear songs etc )
Strange .
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

nice
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
assholitis

Re: show

Post by assholitis »

Stuartmm wrote:So the people who couldnt listen complained about no songs, but when i was listening i heard songs and interesting ones at that.
( remakes of Fear songs etc )Strange .
Actually I can, and did listen. And I heard 30 minutes of talk and one song at the end, an APC song at that. I can tune to AM radio for that kind of ratio. :D That's what I found so annoying, it's 30 of the only 60 minutes I can to listen to Indie during work and it was a bit disappointing to hear such little.
I gotta say I'm with Miche on this one and think this would be better suited during a weekend evening slot instead. Maybe Sunday night before Native Wayne's Smoke-In.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Gooch wrote:Speaking of The Vandals, who's up to going to the OC fair to see them?
I tried getting tickets to that, cause I'm a huge fan of Goldfinger and I like Flogging Molly, who are both opening. But by noon the day they went on sale, the floor pit tickets were already sold out. So all that's left now is orchestra seating. For me, I just can't go to a punk show in seats - I have to be in the pit section. But if you still want to go, tickets are only like $19.99 plus service, I think. Not bad for 3 punk bands at the fair.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*