NO TAN for Shovel

What's playing on Indie right now.

Moderator: Admin

MicheBel

NO TAN for Shovel

Post by MicheBel »

Jesus Christ, Jonesy, get off it! Shovel would NOT look better with a tan. He looks just fine right now.

In fact, I think he'd look RIDICULOUS with a tan. That concept is bizarre beyond words, and this is not the first time you've brought it up.

GET OVER IT.

My goodness. What is this? Everyone in LA has to have TANS because they're in LA? NO.

Telling him to go to a tanning salon! Are you high? That's appalling, and so bad for you and your skin. And don't even start with that creepy orange crap that people put on for fake tans.

SHOVEL IS JUST FINE AS IS. Damn.

Besides which, get off this judgmental appearance thing anyway. Didn't anyone tell you this is frikkin radio????? My god.

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Uhhh...I am guessing that because Jonsey is from foggy no sun England that he probably thinks that everybody here SHOULD have a tan...You know how he just adores being in California and the weather here....It's probably one of those things that growing up somewhere else, he doesn't understand why Shovel wouldn't want to be all tan...and greased up...and greased up and greased up..Oh, I digress.....
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
MicheBel

say NO to tans

Post by MicheBel »

Well, greased up I can certainly understand.

But you know, some people (like blond haired, light-skinned people) are just better off, and better looking, as pale NON-TAN people. Our own Mr. Shovel is one of those people.

Hey, if Jonesy himself wants to get a bloody tan, have at it. Why should he be in someone else's face about it? Especially (as Mr. Shovel said) he himself just had some skin cancer removed FOR FUCK'S SAKE?

I swear.

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
gidgetgoestohell

Like I said....he grew up somewhere that people are all pasty and white...I dunno....he was probably jerking Shovel's chain a bit...they do have that kind of relationship...
Gidge

MicheBel

tanless

Post by MicheBel »

To his credit, Shovel never responds with the personal attack on Jonesy.

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

If he did...he'd be out of a job, now wouldn't he? LOL
Gidge

MicheBel

standing

Post by MicheBel »

Nah. Don't think so. He's pretty integral to the station, and also, if Jonesy dishes it out, Shovel should be able to stand his ground too.

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

Shovel doesn't strike me as a fighter anyway. He's more of the lover type...;)
Gidge

MicheBel

tanless

Post by MicheBel »

:wink:
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

He can tan with me.... I just finished a 20 minute session.... time for a shower and a nap....
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

c
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

I have a farmer / golfer tan
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
gidgetgoestohell

I have a driver's arm tan....
Gidge

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I have a "I'm on vacations so I lay around the pool all day" tan.... it's the best!
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

I was born with a tan...
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
gidgetgoestohell

Braggart Goochila....:)
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Braggart Goochila....:)
:lol:
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
gidgetgoestohell

I am just happy that part of my ARM has a tan...Himself swears that the half of my face that coincides with the arm is tan too....
Gidge

assholitis

Re: tanless

Post by assholitis »

MicheBel wrote:To his credit, Shovel never responds with the personal attack on Jonesy.

--Miche
Actually, Shovel is constantly saying wisecracks to Jonesy. Many times when Steve asks a serious question, Shovel will respond with a smartass reply and Steve will have to say, "no seriously, though." To me, it's kind of a give-and-take relationship between the two.
Maybe during the first few months of Jonesy's Jukebox it might have seemed like Jonesy would attack Shovel, but Mr. Sovel has definitely become a more vocal member and integral part of the broadcast. Rather than just "taking it away, me ol' son" as he used to do in the past, Shovel engages in conversation all throughout the show with Steve. I mean, from your posts, it almost sounds like Shovel is Gary Dell'Abate, Howard Stern's producer. Now THERE is a flunky who gets verbally abused on a daily basis. Gary is Howard's whipping boy and the butt of every other joke. When you look at that kind of relationship, you can see just how much more respect and equality is shown by Jonesy towards Shovel. And that kind of attitude reflects on others as well. Listeners constantly call in to Howard Stern's show and mock Gary, whereas I've never heard one person who didn't absoloutely adore Mark Sovel, be it celebrity or just your average, everyday Indie 103.1 fan. :D

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Mr. Shovel

Post by MicheBel »

Well, I never in any way intended to portray Mr. Shovel as some kind of flunky. I hope that my posts convey the utmost respect and admiration that I have for him, both as a producer and as a person. Not to mention as someone who really knows music. I mean, it's quite clear, and has been since the beginning that "Shovel" is the seasoned professional here. And I'm quite sure that Jonesy carries that respect too, and is grateful to be working with "Shovel", as much grief as he gives him.

Nontheless, all that being said, Jonesy has, on a couple of occasions gone for the personal attack to Shovel, which Shovel usually just brushes off. He does rib Jonesy too, but it never (to me, anyway) seems to go to the personal. However, I also did ask Mark about this once, and he agreed with what you say, that this stuff is just what they do, and it's not a big deal (not something he takes personally).

I am, nonetheless, mostly grateful that all the sexual ribbing nonsense has stopped. That was really making me uncomfortable.

--Miche
Gooch

Re: Mr. Shovel

Post by Gooch »

MicheBel wrote:I am, nonetheless, mostly grateful that all the sexual ribbing nonsense has stopped. That was really making me uncomfortable.

--Miche
WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MICHE?!?!?!?
~Gooch

MicheBel

sexuality

Post by MicheBel »

LOL Gooch.

I meant JONESY making homosexual advances toward sweet, kind, HETEROSEXUAL thank you very much Mr. Shovel.

However, those commercials Jonesy does CRACK ME UP. I love that Knob Polishing one that's running now. It's the most fun when the guys (also heterosexual) don't know what the frick he's talking about.

You can't pull that shit on all-wise Shovel, though. :wink:

OK, SEXUAL Michelle is back in fine form!

--Miche