On Indie RIGHT Now

What's playing on Indie right now.

Moderator: Admin

MicheBel

On Indie RIGHT Now

Post by MicheBel »

Tones On Tail--GO! I swear I could hear this song a MILLION times, I would never get sick of it.

--dancin Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Wow! I havent heard of thoise guys in a while.
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

WAIT...what happend to our IN BETWEENS???
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
MicheBel

In Betweens

Post by MicheBel »

Darling,

They are in this very section. In the topic ironically called "IN BETWEEN"! :wink:

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
gidgetgoestohell

Oh shit...DOH...blonde moment...tee hee
Gidge

MicheBel

Billy Idol

Post by MicheBel »

Oh my god! This new Billy Idol album rocks so hard! I could hear this new song over and over and over, and not get sick of it.

Wish I could go to the Billy Idol special concert. Way fun.

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

I heard his new song yesterday...I had to tell my attorney...DUDE....this is waaaay cool....
Gidge

MicheBel

Sucking

Post by MicheBel »

I was thinking, after the Young Dubliners show that the difference between Indie and other stations out there is that no matter what they play, they don't suck. The choices in music are just impeccable, across the board, across music formats. They rock hard in every direction. I really was going to come on here and post that.

Then Jonesy proves me wrong. This is the first song that I've heard on Indie, and yes, I'm including the Journey, the Carpenters, and the bad Boston punk, that I would say SUCKS.

Jonesy's playing Kansas' Carry On My Wayward Son. I had to take my headphones off. That was the first song that sucked in almost a year of listening... :cry:
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Hm...I know of them, but I don't think I could name you a song that Kansas does. They're far inferior to the other bands who named themselves after geographical locations. Rock on Boston and Chicago! :lol:

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Brothel creepers

Post by MicheBel »

Um, can someone please explain to me what Marianne Faithfull just said?

What the hell are "brothel creepers"? (it sounded like some form of clothing)

--Miche

What are Brothel Creepers

Post by Guest »

They are think crepe soled shoes that "teddy boys" in the UK used to wear.

Look just like i said :-)

http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_boar ... s/113.html
MicheBel

Steve and Marianne

Post by MicheBel »

Thank you, darling guest. I knew someone would know.

BTW, did you guys hear that?

STEVE JONES and Marianne Faithfull have slept together! How cool is that?????

what a concept.

(In addition to this exchange on air:

Steve: You're playing with my knobs, darlin.

Marianne: Some things never change....

there was also this soft, sweet, like loving sound in Steve's voice that I've never heard. Indisputably that she was someone he respected and admired AND slept with.)

--Miche

Post by Guest »

O man I was in my car listening and I lost my xwll phone. I was so ready to dialk for those free tix.

Glennn
MicheBel

Marianne Faithfull

Post by MicheBel »

I cannot wait for the show! I'm going to be posting a review for sure.

--Miche
MicheBel

The Cock of Rock is BACK!

Post by MicheBel »

Oh man! After months of disuse, the cock of rock promo returns!!!

Cock, baby, we missed you so!

;-)

--Miche, who just LOVES roosters
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher. Oh man, this put a big smile on my face this morning. I never get to listen to anything Dickie plays, but I was a bit early this morning and got to catch this great little gem from the 60s. I didn't know Dickie dipped this far back into his music selection. Kudos Mr. Barrett. :D

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

He dips back into that era alot. I was doing the whole Motown dance thing in my car...head boppin'.....I am sure it was a sight...

I also tried calling in with the answer for teh question....my son would get a huge kick out of seeing Billy Idol....but Indie's phones SUCK.....
Gidge

assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Aw :( Yeah, I called to leave a ding dong for Jonesy's show 2 weeks ago but the phones just rang endlessly instead of the little recording telling you to leave a message.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Okay, so I started listening to Indie last night a few minutes after the Red Zone, waiting to hear the new Weezer track. Long story short, I finally went to bed at 3:30 am still not having heard the song. So anyways, I took matters into my own hands and streamed the song from http://www.weezer.com I'm actually really liking it. It does have a very California feel to it, lyrically and musically. They even threw in the ol' voicebox, if I'm not mistaken. I wonder if Jonesy did guest voiceboxing on that track like he did for Frampton. :wink: So, although I don't think it's their best single ever, I think it's definitely a great song. I should, however, point out I'm extremely biased in that they're my favorite band and can do no wrong in my eyes. :D

-Kevin, the Mountie of Orange Countie

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

assholitis wrote:Aw :( Yeah, I called to leave a ding dong for Jonesy's show 2 weeks ago but the phones just rang endlessly instead of the little recording telling you to leave a message.

-Kevin

I know!! It's strange...sometimes the machine is on and others not...I called once to leave a ding dong...and somebody asnwered the phone...I kind of sputtered...Uh uh uh uh...I didn't expect anybody to answer...the chick laughed and hung up on me....LOL
Gidge

assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Haha Yeah. I actually expected the machine after the first ring then after about the third I thought, "What if someone picks up?" So then I had to think of a song I could request in case anyone did, but (un)fortunately no one picked up. :lol:

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

See now Kev...that's the difference between the two of us...you actually thought about being prepared...me...not so much....caught with my pants around my ankles right there...LOL
Gidge

MicheBel

I LOVE INDIE

Post by MicheBel »

OK, this isn't on Indie RIGHT now, it was this morning (pre Melanie Jones nonsense)...but sometimes, well, many days, actually...I just listen to Indie, and go (loudly) FUCK YEAH! This is what radio should be!!! Today, they played a live version of Elvis Costello's Radio, Radio that just rocked my world. I couldn't get it up loud enough, and it was certainly at Eleven.

That song just never gets old, I swear. And the whole thing about "treason" in today's sordid political climate just really resonated with me.

I also cannot get over how just day after day after day, I come in here, all orgasmic about how great Indie is. Usually if there is a good station, they mix in intersperses of suckyness, but Indie, day after day is fucking awesome.

Yeah, ok, maybe I am sounding like Melanie now, but Indie rocks my world. Thank God it's still around.
--Miche :)
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

hehe Word, sista! I actually thought of you today when Jonesy was giving away Elvis Costello tickets. I did know he was strumming 38 Special's Hold on Loosely and I thought about calling, but I'm not a huge Elvis fan and figured they'd probably be appreciated more by someone else. So I'm hoping whoever won was a BIG Costello fan like yourself and go to better use. Oh, how I do love Man Out of Time, though. So sad, yet beautiful. And I'd never even know about it were it not for Indie.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
Glenn

Re: Marianne Faithfull

Post by Glenn »

MicheBel wrote:I cannot wait for the show! I'm going to be posting a review for sure.

--Miche
I though it was interesting that the music for the new albbum was written by Nick Cave * Marrion sings. That has got to rock!
MicheBel

Elvis and Marianne and U2

Post by MicheBel »

assholitis wrote:hehe Word, sista! I actually thought of you today when Jonesy was giving away Elvis Costello tickets. I did know he was strumming 38 Special's Hold on Loosely and I thought about calling, but I'm not a huge Elvis fan and figured they'd probably be appreciated more by someone else. So I'm hoping whoever won was a BIG Costello fan like yourself and go to better use. Oh, how I do love Man Out of Time, though. So sad, yet beautiful. And I'd never even know about it were it not for Indie.

-Kevin
You're not a big Elvis fan? Why on earth not? He's brilliant. And I've seen him numerous times, with various other artists (Burt Bacharach, etc.). He's an incredible musician with a great voice, and he pushes the envelope musically more than any other artist I can think of today. Seriously.

To say nothing of the pure essential poetry of his lyrics.

--Miche

I simply adore Elvis. And as much as I adore him, I totally adore Marianne Faithfull, who's playing Friday night. And on the opposite end of the spectrum, U2. I cannot believe all these shows are within days of each other. I might die of heart attacks.

Nick Cave and Marianne Faithfull! I'm totally gonna lap that up. What I've heard of it so far I love.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Elvis is the king. I too have seen him. I also saw a photo of Elvis on the moon.
MicheBel

Street Teamers on air

Post by MicheBel »

Wow. Was that our Munk? on the air just now? asking for Arcade Fire? Cool. First Aida, then Munk. Who's next?

--miche
MicheBel

Riot Radio

Post by MicheBel »

Oh dear God, YES!!!! Play Riot Radio more more more.

Hot damn, I love this song!!!!!

--Miche

Wait...holy crap...what is this? some kind of Talking Heads remix? Coool.
MicheBel

Love my radio today

Post by MicheBel »

Man oh man, oh man!

Riot Radio AND Brimful of Asha! Life is good today! :-)

THANKS INDIE!

--Miche
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Man, it really IS a great day of music, even for Indie. Anthrax & Public Enemy - Bring the Noise. I love that song. And I think it's so cool how it's not the typical "indie" song that you'd expect to hear from them but they go ahead and play it anyway. But I guess that's what separates them from the rest.

And Miche - as for "only playing the Raveonettes" late at night. Well it's nearly 2 bells and guess what song just finished? lol I'm telling you, I hear that song on a nightly basis in the wee hours of the morning. I could really go for some Johnny Thunders right now. Either Born to Lose or Can't Seem to Make You Mine.

-Kevin, the Mountie or Orange County

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Riot Radio

Post by MicheBel »

Ahhhhhhhhhh. I was going into spasms without hearing Riot Radio yet today. Thank you, Indie. I feel so much better now....

Riot on the radio....

--Miche (dancing)
MicheBel

The Minutemen!

Post by MicheBel »

Dear God, they are actually playing The Minutemen!!!

cooool!

--Miche
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Is it Corona (aka the Jackass theme song)? That's the only Minutemen song I've heard them play. Fortunately, it freaking rocks! :D

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Jackasses

Post by MicheBel »

Um, look at my picture. Do I look like a person who'd watch Jackass? :shock:

Um, the answer is NO.

But yes, the song did rock.

--Miche
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Mhm. I figured that out when you listed it as an unknown in the In Betweens. :wink: All this talk about that song made me go download a live mp3 of it.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Elvis does Nirvana

Post by MicheBel »

Um...

Elvis (as in Presley) singing Nirvana? holy crap. How amazing.
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

lol WHAT/HUH/WHERE? How is that even possible?! He died like 20 years beore Nirvana even came out. Was it a mashup maybe?

P.s. Did you catch the cover of Nirvana's Lithium during the first half hour of Jonesy's Jukebox? I caught the end of it but didnt' hear who it was by. Any idea?

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Gorillaz

Post by MicheBel »

Oh my god, I'm totally hooked on this Gorillaz song. I've heard it THREE times today, and each time I've enjoyed it more than before.
:D
MicheBel

Elvis does Lithium

Post by MicheBel »

assholitis wrote:lol WHAT/HUH/WHERE? How is that even possible?! He died like 20 years beore Nirvana even came out. Was it a mashup maybe?

P.s. Did you catch the cover of Nirvana's Lithium during the first half hour of Jonesy's Jukebox? I caught the end of it but didnt' hear who it was by. Any idea?
It wasn't a mashup. It sounded for all the world like Elvis singing Lithium. Weird. Guess we all gotta listen to the rebroadcast, cause I don't remember Jonesy saying who it was.

At the beginning, he said, "here's a little bit of the King." That was the "Elvis" cover.

--Miche
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Hall & Oats on the Jukebox. Man, I am loving this! lol If you didn't read my post on the Yahoo Forums a while back...H & O were like the first band I ever got into as a little kid. I was like 5-6 at the time, and I'd just listen to whatever tapes my parents had while on road trips. So I just started listening to The Best of Hall & Oates. Good times.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

Between Jonsey and Dickie...Hall & Oats are going to have a brand spanking new career for themselves....

I was getting gas and I thought....Maneater...H&O??? Naaaaa..couldn't be....one just never knows what one is going to get on the ole Jukebox....
Gidge

MicheBel

H & O

Post by MicheBel »

I bloody LOVE Hall & Oates. This is such a great show, I can't even get up to go get lunch. Dammit.

--Miche
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

hahahaha Jonesy playing Say It Isn't So by Hall & Oates!!! Oh man, that is hands down my favorite H & O song. I can't believe it's Jonesy's favorite by them too, and I can't believe he just played it. I am a happy boy. :D

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Playing the Blood Arm

Post by MicheBel »

There you go, Kev. The Blood Arm...

DO I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION?

--Miche
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Oh, yes. I downloaded the mp3 demo version of the song (which sounds exactly like the one they play on Indie) from their website http://www.thebloodarm.com

There you go, a free plug for TBA. Least I can do since I've been listening to that mp3 like crazy. :D

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Best of You

Post by MicheBel »

Love love love this new Foo Fighters song! Best of you!

--Miche
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

That impromptu cover of New Order's True Faith by Tim Burgess on Jonesy today sounded amazing. I've got such a jonesing (no pun intended) for that song now. In fact, I'm even on the band's MySpace page listening to the Bizarre Love Triangle, but sadly no True Faith. :lol:
Did I hear right that some of the boys came in at the one o'clock hour? If so, how was/is it?

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

New Order and co.

Post by MicheBel »

It has become a pretty good show, since they came in.

They've been performing live, and they are about to do Anarchy in the UK with Steve. The last song they did was awesome. Too bad you can't hear it, man!

--Miche :(
MicheBel

What the heck?

Post by MicheBel »

Ben Folds is doing a show? Is this a new thing? Or a celebrity Coup d'Etat that they didn't announce?

He's playing really cool music, though...

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

What time was that on Miche???
Gidge

assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Judging by her post, probably around 7 in the evening. I haven't heard anything about Ben hosting a new show, but then again the last Indie newsletter I got via email was back in like January. My guess is he just came in to spin some records for a bit.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

That 'splains it then! I was sitting on my couch having my ear jawed off by my neighbor at that time...Thanks for your eagle eyes Kev...
Gidge

assholitis

Post by assholitis »

lol I would've rather had my ear jawed off by Mr. Ben Folds, but unfortunately I was fast asleep by then.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

Sleepin' at 7 p.m.? I wish I was sleepin at 7...~sigh~ But I was out like a light by 9....
Gidge

MicheBel

Pretty in Pink

Post by MicheBel »

Pretty in Pink. Really nice hearing that song again. :wink:

--Miche
MicheBel

God Bless Jonesy

Post by MicheBel »

Roger Miller! fucking hell...King of the Road...

GOD BLESS JONESY....

"short but not too big around...I'm a man of means by no means..."

LOVE this song.

Hot damn.

--miche
assholitis

Pretty in Pink

Post by assholitis »

Mm...the Psychedelic Furs. Good song.

"She doesn't have anything you want to steal wellllllllll, nothing you can touch."

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

perception of black kettles

Post by MicheBel »

X--See How We Are

("She said "I'm in love. "

I said, "Oh really? What's this one's name?")

;-) heh
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

A friend of mine and I were JUST discussing Tony Wilson, Factory Records, and 24 Hour Party People like two nights ago and here he is on the Jukebox today. Only on Indie can something like this happen.

-Kevin
Last edited by assholitis on Wed May 04, 2005 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

24-Hour Party People

Post by MicheBel »

I loved 24-Hour Party People. Great movie. Would like to see it again, actually. That guy is so cool.

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

I saw the movie and I enjoyed the movie, but I must admit that I don't really dig the whole Manchester/industrial scene....I can appreciate it, but never really got into that....
Gidge

MicheBel

I think We're Alone Now

Post by MicheBel »

And the song is: I Think We're Alone Now (which they already played)...though I like the Lene Lovich version better. Bet they don't play that one.

--Miche
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

lol Okay, you know what's weird? I was just about to post a question about this song. You know what's even weirder? When I saw that you had already posted, I somehow knew it would be about this song. :lol: How freaky is that? I really liked this version...did you happen to catch who sang it??? I sort of spaced out and by the time I tuned in again, he was already talking about the Eels song before it.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Beating

Post by MicheBel »

I love the heartbeat in the Lene Lovich version the best. But my heart was beating plenty when they played that anyway.

I miss Indie.

--Miche
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Hey Miche, since you might've missed Jonesy's Jukebox this afternoon, Jonesy announced that today is Sid's birthday. He would have been 48. He gave some sweet words about the departed Pistol ("He was 20 years old and that was a lot of pressure for him to be slung into that lifestyle and feeling like he had to be an idiot. And he wasn't an idiot.) and played a block of songs in rememberance of Sidney, ending with My Way. :)

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

RIP Sid

Post by MicheBel »

Damn. How bloody cool. Well, I haven't been missing the rebroadcasts at all. so thanks for the head's up.

--Miche
assholitis

Aimee Mann

Post by assholitis »

What do you guys think of Aimee Mann? I bet Larry's excited, or will be if he's recording it and not listening yet. I think he went to see her a few weeks back at Amoeba. I wonder if she minds talking about 'Til Tuesday, or if that will make its way into the conversation today. I could go for some Voices Carry.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Thank god for Yes.Net

Post by MicheBel »

Can I say again how much I HATE not having radio during the day? Fascists! Aimee Mann...dagnabit... :cry:

--Miche, the radioless
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Aw, yeah. I half-posted that announcement just to give you a heads up for the rebroadcast. I got the feeling you'd enjoy Miss Mann.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
Stuartmm

The Eels tomorrow

Post by Stuartmm »

This should be good as well.

The Eels on "Friday with a face"
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

Aimee Mann very talented
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley