One In-Between

What's playing on Indie right now.

Moderator: Admin

MicheBel

One In-Between

Post by MicheBel »

So I was sitting around lately, thinking, HMMMM...what haven't I yet heard on Indie that I really want to hear?

And I started thinking back to my favorite radio moments. The great Halloran calls the operator and asks for Cookie Puss moment. Ahhh. True radio classic. (Wonder if anyone still has that on tape?)

Anyway, then it HIT ME. Wait, Indie hasn't played Cookie Puss yet. What's up with that?

So, this morning, in the luscious, my new favorite 4 am to 6 am pre-Jonesy's rebroadcast hour, there it was! Cookie Puss! On Indie. And life is good. :D

Cookie Puss. Yee haw.
--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Yeah, Indie actually has played Cookie Puss in the past. Now that you mention it, though, I don't recall hearing a lot of Beastie Boys lately at all. But I used to hear it back when Indie was new and it was actually the first place and time I've heard Cookie Puss.

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

songs on the radio

Post by MicheBel »

(ducking from people who don't like Halloran)

Kev, there was this amazing radio moment when that song first came out. Halloran, actually called the operator, and went through the whole schtick asking for Cookie Puss. Damn, it was funny. She was totally clueless, trying to get a listing for him. Asking him to spell it. H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S.

But, to your point (to quote Liz), they actually play a LOT of Beastie Boys (especially during TK's show). Well, a lot for me, since I can only take them in smallish doses. I guess it depends when you listen. I haven't noticed them playing them a lot at night.

Also, another band they haven't played at all, that I've ever heard is The Residents. Someone mentioned them on Dicky's show recently. I almost thought he might play them, but alas. :cry:

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!