Miche's Weekly Indie Top 10

What's playing on Indie right now.

Moderator: Admin

MicheBel

Miche's Weekly Indie Top 10

Post by MicheBel »

(and please, add your pics!)

These are the tunes I cannot get out of my head this week: (thanks Indie!)

1. Dead 60s--Riot Radio

2. Elvis Costello's live version of Radio, Radio

3. Marianne Faithfull's Crazy Love

4. Graham Coxon--Freakin' Out

5. Ben Lee's Catch My Disease

6. Hot Hot Heat--Goodnight, Goodnight

7. Elliott Smith-- Pretty (Ugly Before)

8. The Caesars--Jerk It Out

9. Do You Ever Think Of Me? ;-)

10. Cornershop-- Brimful of Asha (LOVE That SONG!)

11. Siouxsie-- Peek A Boo

12. Ivy--Thinking of You (oops, that was 94.9. Indie doesn't play it yet.)
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Good choices, Miche.

As for my own picks, in no particular order:

1. Weezer - Beverly Hills (I finally heard it late the other night)

2. Blood Arm - Do I Have Your Attention? (One of those rare, great songs that you like instantly)

3. Stereophonics - Dakota (really pretty song, although I've noticed it is in HEAVY rotation)

4. Ben Lee - Catch My Disease (took me a few listens, but I like it now)

5. The Shins - New Slang (not sure how this found its way back into the playlist, it was played a lot when Garden State was out, but I'll settle for listening again)

6. Caesars - Jerk it Out (another one that's found its way back into the playlist again after not being played for a while - but its no doubt because of its being featured in the iTunes ad)

7. Garbage - Why Do You Love Me (great to hear from them again!)

8. Bright Eyes - Take It Easy (Love Nothing)

9. Queens of the Stone Age - Little Sister

10. The Features - Blow it Out (I heard this on an online radio station and I really liked it. Maybe Indie will pick it up down the road)[/b]
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Jerking It

Post by MicheBel »

6. Caesars - Jerk it Out (another one that's found its way back into the playlist again after not being played for a while - but its no doubt because of its being featured in the iTunes ad)
LOL I'm 100% sure that no music or program director at Indie plays something "because it's on an ad". They play it because they LIKE IT. The fact that it's also in the public consciousness is gravy.

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Granted, but is it just a miraculous occurence that the song left the Indie playlist for months on end and then only now has found its way back into rotation after the iTunes ad is being played? I still remember hearing that song on Indie nearly a year ago before KROQ or the good people at iTunes ever even heard of The Caesars (which were probably still Caesars Palace back then). Maybe it's not so much the Indie 103.1 programmers trying to keep up with the times as it is some listeners who are just now becoming accustomed to the song and are requesting it. Either way, it sounds great in the commercials and makes me feel like dancing. Have you heard Kings of Leon's The Bucket being used in the new VW Jetta commercial? That song doesn't sound as good for advertising. Just feels awkward, even though it's a great song.

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Requests and commercials

Post by MicheBel »

I have to say that both on radio and on TV, I do everything I can to avoid the commercials. Fast forward through shows I've taped, change the radio station, whatever it takes. Indie is the only station that I actually do stick around and listen sometimes.

So I'm not sure about either of the ads you mentioned.

Also, I sincerely doubt that anyone at Indie (besides Dicky and TK) is seriously influenced by listeners' requests. They have their own taste.

--Miche