REAL Archive O Rama

You can find the yahoo message archive here.

Moderators: MicheBel, Archive Bot, Admin

Archive Bot

Re: [indie1031fm] on Jonesy's today

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 843 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:37 am
Subject: Re: [indie1031fm] on Jonesy's today

The Don O’Melveny Gallery, 9009 Melrose Ave. (310) 273-7868.
Archive Bot

Re: [indie1031fm] T.K. rocks

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 844 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:38 am
Subject: Re: [indie1031fm] T.K. rocks

Hi Michelle..
Any big plans for the weekend? How many are going to next week's show at the Key Club?
Hope you are well.

dawn
Archive Bot

Re: johnny ramone statue

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 845 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:39 am
Subject: Re: [indie1031fm] Re: johnny ramone statue.

I hope you go and see Johnny, then be sure to visit Dee Dee, too.
Take Care!
cafejolt <cafejolt@yahoo.com> wrote:

thanks, dawn. <3
MicheBel

Weekend Plans

Post by MicheBel »

Message 846 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:28 am
Subject: Weekend Plans

Hi Dawn--

Well, I'm big on seeing all the Oscar-nominated movies, so I still have a few left (even though the nominations haven't come out yet). :-)

As far as the Key Club event, I am certainly planning to go. It's a good cause. Wish they sold tickets through Ticketmaster though. Such a pain to get down there twice. Sigh.

And you?

Oh, and I think I caught that bug that's going around too. Sore throat, sneezing, blech. Trying to fend it off with good herbs and hot tea, but we'll see. (Guess I shouldn't go where masses of people are if I'm still sick...but I will probably buy a ticket whether I go or not.)

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
MicheBel

Key Club Tsunami benefit event

Post by MicheBel »

Message 847 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:17 am
Subject: Key Club Tsunami benefit event

Hey Dawn--

I was thinking, if a bunch of us are going to the show, maybe we could meet up there? So we know who we're talking to? A Street Team event? Kristee, are you in? for that matter, is your mail working yet, and are you in here?

--Miche, the RLV
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
Archive Bot

Re: [indie1031fm] Weekend Plans

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 849 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:34 am
Subject: Re: [indie1031fm] Weekend Plans

that is a good plan. Have you seen Aviator?, I liked that. I have a friend that had DVD of the movies, but he flaked.
I hope you feel better!
Hugs,
dawn
MicheBel

Key Club and movies

Post by MicheBel »

Message 850 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:50 am
Subject: Key Club and movies

Dawn--

I've seen nearly everything, and yes, Aviator is my pick to win Best Picture (and Scorsese and Leo and Cate, at least). But all my picks are on my homepage:

http://rottentomatoes.com/vine/j/MicheBella

I have my Oscar predictions, as well as my favorite movies of the year (check out the lists section). I used to be a film/theatre critic, so it's in my blood, or something.

It's been said that my music section on there is sadly lacking, but I'm working on that...

As far as the cold/flu/whatever, it's pretty mild. I'm fairly confident it's gonna be gone by next week.

And I don't really know any cool restaurants around the Key Club, but maybe we could meet somewhere there? Before 8 pm?

--Michelle
Archive Bot

Eddie Vedder on the Jukebox

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 851 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:44 pm
Subject: Eddie Vedder on the Jukebox

Today's Fun with a Face guest on Jonesy's Jukebox is none other than Eddie Vedder!!!! Wow, I can't even explain how excited I was to hear Jonesy announce this. Unfortunately I don't get Indie at work, so I only got to listen to a half hours worth on my lunch break. =( Oh well, it was still worth it!
Archive Bot

EDDIE "FRIGGIN" VEDDER ON JONESY"S JUKEBOX!!!

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 852 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:09 pm
Subject: EDDIE "FRIGGIN" VEDDER ON JONESY"S JUKEBOX!!!!!!

So stoked right now Ed Ved is Indie!!
Ed is full on royalty in my book!!
I swear I am afraid to turn Indie off at anytime because I am afraid of what I am going to miss.
What a way to spend a Friday!!!
Indie had better dip into the Pearl Jam tunes today and I'm not talking the same old radio tunes I'm talking their recent jams and play tunes off the bootlegs damn it its some of the best live material ever!!!
MicheBel

Re: EDDIE "FRIGGIN" VEDDER ON JONESY"S JUKEBO

Post by MicheBel »

Message 855 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:36 pm
Subject: Re: EDDIE "FRIGGIN" VEDDER ON JONESY"S JUKEBOX!!!!!!

--- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, "loaf92648" <bleyba@s...> wrote:
>
> I swear I am afraid to turn Indie off at anytime because I am afraid
> of what I am going to miss.

I KNOW! I'm a stone-cold INDIE junkie, and I feel guilty when I'm actually living life, cause of what I might be missing on Indie. Damn it! (Thank god there are a couple of shows whose music I don't much like, or I wouldn't get any rest.)

--Miche, the RLV
MicheBel

Phil Ochs on INDIE

Post by MicheBel »

Message 856 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:46 pm
Subject: Phil Ochs on INDIE

my god...just when I think INDIE can't get any better...Eddie Vedder plays Phil Ochs!!!!! Oooh, even better, a modified Phil Ochs song, updated to today. Excellent! Amazing!

<------------------bowing to INDIE and Jonesy. You guys rule!

(and this song was perfect today!)
Archive Bot

Re: Key Club and movies

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 857 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:50 pm
Subject: Re: Key Club and movies

Sorry to interrupt you ladies but may I suggest Malo on Sunset blvd. or Cobras and Matadors on Hollywood Blvd for a place to meet. They both have nice bars and cool vibes. I have used them both for places to hook up with my buddies hope that helps now I will but out.
Happy Friday to y'all.
MicheBel

Post by MicheBel »

Message 858 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:55 pm

--- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, "loaf92648" <bleyba@s...> wrote:
>
> So stoked right now Ed Ved is Indie!!
> Ed is full on royalty in my book!!
> I swear I am afraid to turn Indie off at anytime because I am afraid
> of what I am going to miss.
> What a way to spend a Friday!!!

Dude, did you hear that modified Phil Ochs song? Damn. I think that was the best thing I've ever heard on Jonesy's Jukebox. So appropriate. (And Jonesy's Jukebox is ALWAYS gold!)

For anyone who wants to catch it in the rebroadcast, it will be on at about 6:43 am/pm. Well worth changing your schedule to listen to this song!

Mr. Shovel is so missed today though. These volume levels on the Internet today are all over the place! :-(

Still in all, an amazing show.
Archive Bot

Re: Eddie Vedder on the Jukebox

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 859 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:57 pm
Subject: Re: Eddie Vedder on the Jukebox

hehe Ah yeah, I did know that. It's just I'm busy later after work today. =( BUT, it might be worth ditching today and then waking up an hour early Monday just to catch the rest of that show. Glad to hear there's others just as excited as I am about today's Jukebox.

P.s. I've seen a lot of your posts on here and you seem like a pretty damn cool person if I may say so myself. ;)
Archive Bot

Re: Lyrics Site?

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 860 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:40 pm
Subject: Re: Lyrics Site?

I'm constantly sifting through lyrics sites, probably nightly. I've found the most frustrating thing with lyrics sites are the annoying abundance of pop-ups. Enough to drive you insane. Some good sites with lots of songs, and not as many pop-ups, that I suggest are
http://www.azlyrics.com
http://www.songmeanings.net
http://www.plyrics.com/

Hope that helps.
MicheBel

Re: Key Club meetup

Post by MicheBel »

Message 861 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:45 pm
Subject: Re: Key Club meetup

Well, Mr. Loaf, you are certainly welcome to come too, if you are going to the gig. This is for ALL Street Team members. That essentially means anyone reading this.

I appreciate your suggestion. Does anyone who's going have a preference for either of these two places? They both sound cool. I suppose I would choose whichever one is closer, so there aren't too many parking issues.

And also, there is no "butting out," like we're having a private conversation here. This is a dialogue between everyone. All are welcome to add comments at any time. Please do. (So, I'm glad you did.)

--Miche, the RLV

(It's a great Friday! Michael Powell resigned, and Eddie Vedder played a Phil Ochs adaptation. It doesn't get much better than this.)
MicheBel

Re: Eddie Vedder on the Jukebox

Post by MicheBel »

Message 862 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:51 pm
Subject: Re: Eddie Vedder on the Jukebox

So, don't rush home. I'm gonna have to re-email all my friends I just told about it too. I hope they at least tell us when it's gonna be rebroadcast. It's a keeper.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments. You, too, are certainly welcome to meet us on Thursday before the Key Club event. Honest, I don't bite. (Well, unless you're a Republican.) ;-)

--Miche, the RLV
MicheBel

Re: Lyrics Site?

Post by MicheBel »

Message 863 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:54 pm
Subject: Re: Lyrics Site?

Wow! Thank you so much! These look like some awesome links, also look like they cover a range of music (I sure don't need to look up Mandy Moore lyrics.). I look forward to exploring these further.

--Miche, the RLV
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 864 of 4474 |
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:04 pm

I have so many cds I have been trying to find time to listen to and this damn Indie station just dominates my music listening time. No complaints whatsoever though just an admittance that I am an Indie junkie as well and one day you may find me off of Yucca st. begging for one more Indie fix.
DAMN I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE VEDDER WAS ON INDIE TODAY SO STOKED!!
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 865 of 4474
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:11 pm

Yeah I heard back from my friends listening on line and they said the volume sucked.
Other than that Jonesy was pure brilliance today the Phil Och's song was so sick Ed sounded great and it was a perfect selection for this time.
I will be dragging my ass out of bed on Monday to hear the re-broadcast. I guess I just outed myself as a big Pearl Jam fan ay.
MicheBel

Post by MicheBel »

Message 866 of 4474
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:52 pm

Hey, I can top that.

I'm sitting at work today, with a piece of paper in my purse, with Jack's address, so I can finally get that Indie bumper sticker that I want so bad. Honestly.

In walks a coworker, who's hip to my Indie addiction (she listens now, her brother listens now). She walks in with AN INDIE STICKER IN HER HAND!!!! (since my car is awash in bumper stickers, and she doesn't do that). I'm so happy!

I also had another coworker tell me about his neighbor who listens to Indie religiously, and was telling him what a great station it is. I'm so glad the word is finally getting out there.

But most important, I can now broadcast my Indie love to the world! Woo hoo! A bumper sticker finally! YES!

--Miche, the RLV
MicheBel

Pearl Jam Rules! michebel

Post by MicheBel »

Message 867 of 4474
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:00 pm
Subject: Pearl Jam Rules! michebel

I'm a big Pearl Jam fan and PROUD of it!

I have to say though, that it was odd to hear Eddie talking about how he wouldn't have played that song if Johnny Ramone was still alive (since they were friends and I guess JR was a Republican!). Weird.

I would have thought that Eddie Vedder didn't stand down to anyone. I pretty much don't have any friends who are Republican. The few I do, we don't talk politics. I'm much too passionate about it.

Does he (Eddie) have any idea how moved (I'm sure) SOOOOO many people are by that song he did? I don't know about anyone else, but I'm seriously HURTING (still) from the "election" fallout. I have other friends like that too, we put so much of ourselves into the idea that we really could change things, and to have everything bitchslapped like it was, man! it just took the wind out of us.

Especially one day after that fiasco of a coronation yesterday. To have someone dare to sing a song that said that Bush should leave the country "the country you've torn the heart out of", was just a brave act of honor, IMHO. And MUCH needed. (And part and parcel of what makes INDIE so great!)

Remember, people, Germany was walked over because everyone just shut up and went along. I refuse. And I'm glad Eddie refused today too. But it's still weird that his one Republican friend would have caused him not to sing his truth. I don't get it.

--Miche
Archive Bot

Re: Key Club meetup

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 868 of 4474
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:39 pm
Subject: Re: Key Club meetup

Right on gal!!
I think I will be attending the gig but maybe racing to it last minute but thank you kindly for the invite.
You definetly summed up my Friday Mikey Powell resigning and Eddie Vedder on Indie I think I may go and buy a lottery ticket it just seems like one of those days!!
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 869 of 4474
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:42 pm

For f... sakes I can't get one of those damn stickers to save my life.
I thought I had one at the Pixies show and didn't get one then I forgot to some up at that Panic Channel Indie gig at the Key Club. Indie needs to kick those suckers out I thought that was part of the deal with signing up with this site.
Bitch, bitch , bitch ay give me a damn sticker TK Mr.Moderater.
Archive Bot

Re: Pearl Jam Rules!

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 870 of 4474
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:02 pm
Subject: Re: Pearl Jam Rules!

Well put I am full on feeling you here! I am a full on Pearl Jam maniac. I am a Hollywood transplant down to the Orange Curtain. Yep Orange County the home of the John Birch Society, gulp the Nixon Library and all that is conservative and Red Repub.thank God CA. is still a blue state. Luckily I live very, very near the water in HB and find that there are quite a few liberals whom were able to at least turn a predominatly red zip code a very fair shade of a violet pink so there is hope. I do have Rep. friends and I do find its like comedy hour when they try and discuss politics I enevitably end up keeling over from laughter. What do they say about keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

But in regards to Ed and Johnny Ramone I think Ed and Johnny had a very special bond that reached way beyond having political differences. Johnny for all I have read about him and heard was a very hardline Rep. but just knowing he allowed Joey to create the song "Bonzo goes to Bitzburg" leads me to believe that he had his beliefs but allowed others to voice there opinions as well. Just look at the list of friends Johnny had a very eclectic group indeed.

I love Pearl Jam and this afternoon I went on this hardcore PJ site http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/ and turned them all onto Ed on Jonesy's Jukebox and told them about the rebroadcast. I think they just knighted me on that site there were people from all over the country and the globe (Austria, England) hitting me back on how to tune in Indie this afternoon it was pretty cool. I also told them all to tune into Indie and check it out.
Now if that is not Indie P.R. I don't know what is!!!
MicheBel

Post by MicheBel »

Message 873 of 4474
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:36 pm

Man, I swear, I really wish that people listening on the Internet counted in radio ratings, because people all over the world listen. That's great that you alerted people to that. My sister listens in Germany.

And best of all, the rebroadcast is ON. Monday morning's is a must. And I expect a full report from those who haven't heard it yet, once you have. :-)

And Mr. Loaf, I just don't know how you can live in the OC. <shudders>

Although I once lived in the Cass Corridor of Detroit (think poor, rundown, brutal, crime-ridden) and worked in Grosse Pointe (think rich, yachts, horses, country clubs, pearls). It messed with my mind, I'll tell ya. And I worked as the editor of a magazine which wrote all about the rich folk in Grosse Pointe. It was pretty putrid. And it was during the Reagan years. A difficult time. (Though not without its fun points.) ;-)

--Miche, the RLV
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 876 of 4474
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:54 pm

The O.C. lol.
If I did not live a stones throw away from the ocean and did not fall asleep to waves breaking I don't think I could remain in the "O.C.". I do still have plenty of friends in LA and am up there quite often for dinner and to see shows so I can balance out the madness. Somedays it does mess with your head when your blasting rad tunes and Barbie & Ken pull up in the Porsche and shoot you the "ugh so loud look" luckily I am a handsome young man and so I wink at Barbie and piss off Ken as I blast my naughty punk rock music.
But I get where your coming from for sure nothing like the big city.
Archive Bot

Re: I hope you heard it...

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 877 of 4474
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:58 pm
Subject: Re: I hope you heard it...

"There ought to be limits to freedom." ~Idiot son of an asshole Pres. George W. Bush

4 more years of goosebumps!
--- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, michebel@y... wrote:
>
> Boy, I tell ya.
>
> However, I listened closer to the words this time.
>
> I had no idea that John Ashcroft actually said, "Freedom of speech is dangerous." Incredible. Gave both me and Jonesy goosebumps, that did.
>
> --Miche
MicheBel

Post by MicheBel »

Message 878 of 4474
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:01 pm

Oh, man, I would give my first-born child (if I had one) to live where I could hear the waves breaking on the beach (though I'd be thinking West Side, not the OC). ;-) You lucky, lucky dog.

And give those Barbies and Kens HELL, baby, HELL. ;-)

--Miche, the RLV
MicheBel

Goosebumps, or, as Jonesy says: Goosepimples

Post by MicheBel »

Message 879 of 4474
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:03 pm
Subject: Goosebumps, or, as Jonesy says: Goosepimples

No, only Eddie Vedder singing a Phil Ochs song modified by Tim Robbins gives me goosebumps. (For its purity and integrity and truth, and hitting spot-on what I'm feeling about the whole situation.)

The prez and his cohorts make me retch.

--Miche
Archive Bot

Re: Goosebumps, or, as Jonesy says: Goosepimples

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 880 of 4474
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:22 pm
Subject: Re: Goosebumps, or, as Jonesy says: Goosepimples

True if your skin crawls it is not goosebumps my mistake the Bush regime makes my skin crawl better said.
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 881 of 4474
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:30 pm

Yeah I contemplated the westside but work forced the Orange County decision. I do feel very fortunate to live this close to the beach. I kind of think of my time here in Orange County as a liberating the brain washed to see the light. haha.
Archive Bot

Eddie Vedder

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 885 of 4474
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:06 pm
Subject: Eddie Vedder

All this talk about Eddie Vedder made me have to come out of the woodwork and share this with you all.

My friend was guitar techhing for their last tour and got me stage side seats at Verizon.
You can see the pictures here:

http://homepage.mac.com/lsinger9404/PhotoAlbum24.html
Also, i've got video from the Ramones anniversary show with Eddie Vedder's songs:
http://www.larrysinger.com/Ramones30.html

Did ANYONE manage to record the show today and could share with the class??

I wish they'd be more consistent in letting us know DAILY via e-mail who will be on.

Larry
Archive Bot

Re: Eddie Vedder

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 886 of 4474
Date: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:25 pm
Subject: Re: Eddie Vedder

Hey Larry,

First off, I'd just like to say how cool it is about the show you went to at Verizon. Love the pic with Ed!!!
Second off, thank you so much for the link to the Ramones 30th Anniversary show. I've been looking all over on web sites, music downloading programs, etc. for any kinds of video or audio from that night. Great night.
Arggggh, I'm sooooooo upset right now. I was only able to catch the first half hour of today's show on my lunch break. I taped the 6 o'clock repeat....and the friggin tape didn't record!!! =( Oh well, I'll drown my sorrows in Ramones cover band videos.

Kevin
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 888 of 4474
Date: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:30 am

I interviewed Johnny a couple of times and the reputation that has been built up for him is inaccurate in my view.

Sure he was pretty right wing but he did tolerate other people's viewpoints.
Long before his political views were well known I did one of my interviews was in Dec 1992, very soon after Clinton was elected. Joey had very publicly backed Clinton in that campaign. I asked Johnny what his view was of the election and he replied "Clinton's the President now and we have to support him and I hope that he does a good job" - a pretty pragmatic
and level headed view in my eyes.

As far as Johnny allowing Joey to create "Bonzo goes to Bitzburg" goes, I'm sorry but although Johnny controlled much of the business and image side of the Ramones, when it came to song writing he had little involvement and there's no way Joey with his own very strong personal views would ever have allowed Johnny to veto that or any other song. The only influence Johnny may have exerted was to have the song re-titled "My brain is hanging upside down" in the US. In Europe it kept its original title.

For more on the background to "Bonzo" this article pretty much sums up the events of May 1985 that led Joey to write the song:

http://www.time.com/time/archive/previe ... 40,00.html

Martin
>> But in regards to Ed and Johnny Ramone I think Ed and Johnny had a
> very special bond that reached way beyond having political
> differences. Johnny for all I have read about him and heard was a
> very hardline Rep. but just knowing he allowed Joey to create the
> song "Bonzo goes to Bitzburg" leads me to believe that he had his
> beliefs but allowed others to voice there opinions as well. Just look
> at the list of friends Johnny had a very eclectic group indeed.
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 890 of 4474
Date: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:44 am
Subject: Re: [indie1031fm] Re: Pearl Jam Rules!

Amen man, the beach is a place you visit just like the rest of the state. And driving blasting punk music with streets and commuters so quite your noticed and probaly snarled at is my reality its a drag but the up side is everyones so self absorbed they won't really bither you. Any way don't move here unless your ready for a whole lot of nothing. S.L
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 892 of 4474
Date: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:29 am

So is this like an open chat room for indie lovers? Beacause I signed up for the indie info street team thing and next thing I know m reciving all these e-mails from people I don't know? Can somebody explain and the tell me what the fuck I signed into? i have the indie online Live on my copputer Does anyone know why its not the same broadcast? I need answers people!!!!!!!
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 893 of 4474
Date: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:46 am

This is the Indie yahoo group mailing list I guess. The broadcast is the same, just delayed.
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 894 of 4474
From: sarah longueuiel <sarahlongueuiel@...> Date: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:52 am Subject: Re: [indie1031fm] Re: Pearl Jam Rules!

Right on Jack thanks.I thought the broadcast was delayed....It dawned on me right after I asked. Ha Ha Well I'm glad theres someone out there with ansewers and not just talking about Eddie Vedder But anyway. Do we get e-mails about indie or indie promoted shows?
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 897 of 4474
Date: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:34 am

There is a separate indie mailing list for news and indie related stuff at the website. This is the group discussion with the listeners and some of the DJ's like TK. Hi TK!
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 898 of 4474
Date: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:48 pm

Can you send us a link for the other group? I think I am a little confused too. I really want to know more about who the upcoming guests will be and concert events, etc.

thanks
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 899 of 4474
Date: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:12 pm

http://www.indie1031.fm/cc-common/globalsignup.html
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 900 of 4474
Date: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:49 am

Wow, OC bashing. How cool are you kids?

If you drove up next to me blasting rap I'd either roll my eyes at you or roll my windows up. You see, I hate rap. If you were "blasting" punk as you say, I'd probably look over to see who was playing such loud music. You'd think you were some cool rebel and I was an offended OC bitch, but nay.. I'd just be looking at who you were. But your attitude, it seems, would give you more props than you deserve. So should we ALL just start blasting our music at high levels as we wish? What a mess that would be. Usually people who have grown up and don't have "issues" have enough inside themselves to keep it at a decent level, as this is, afterall, driving, and driving past people's homes where they live, etc. Sound bitchy? Nah. It's called having grown up. I was in a punk band a couple years ago.. played the Sunset Strip.. Troubadour.. out of state.. many places.. recorded an album.. I'm not old, nor am I against the appropriate times for cranked music.

What I am against is the LA area being such a pithole that one can't feel safe. I can't park anywhere. What parking I do find is met with a space barely suitable for a mini cooper (I drive a very small sedan). Stores' shelves are empty and/or raped of their display items. A large percentage of the stores' employees are apathetic to help you or do their job. I dealt with the LAX area for years and I know it's just not my fave. And the whole SO CAL gang thing- bitches please.. grow up already and get some real balls- shooting guns is for cowards and fucked up pussies.

Are there weird people in OC? Of course there are. But I'd rather deal with a weirdo who has the fear of Jesus stuck up their ass than a weirdo who's going to take me and my family out with a gun. I'd rather live in an area where cleanliness is pride than a liberal community who doesn't care what their neighborhood looks like.

Give `em too much freedom and they'll fuck it up. Think about it.

And oh yeah, let's keep the politics off of 103.1 because you DO have Republican listeners. I support Republicans, not Bush. He's just an all around asshole (too bad his running mates were worse). But that doen't make me a Democrat. Here's another wrench for the motor, I'm also a lesbian.

With that said about OC, how's that old saying go? If you don't like it here, leave!
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 901 of 4474
Date: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:50 am

That's poignant, and funny too. right on,
MicheBel

The OC vs. The West Side

Post by MicheBel »

Message 902 of 4474
Date: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:15 am
Subject: The OC vs. The West Side

It's true, work does dictate where one lives often.

You keep on that liberation stuff! ;-)

--Miche
MicheBel

Post by MicheBel »

Message 904 of 4474
Date: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:23 am

Well, I'm glad something made you come out of the woodwork. Welcome to the Street Team, Larry! And wow, thanks for the pics and video!

and if you find anyone who did record the show, I want in on that action. It was
certainly a keeper.

--Miche
MicheBel

Ramones and politics

Post by MicheBel »

Message 905 of 4474
Date: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:26 am
Subject: Ramones and politics

Martin, thank you so much for your insight on this, and thanks for posting!

--Miche
MicheBel

The Street Team and all those darn emails

Post by MicheBel »

Message 906 of 4474
Date: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:45 pm
Subject: The Street Team and all those darn emails

Now, now, calm down, Sarah. We have answers!

Actually, there is a "chat" room for Indie lovers. Note "Chat" link to left. However, most times hardly anyone is in it, and some people's computers are not compatible with it. So, more or less, we do chat here, yes. It has been rumored that at some point in the future we shall be chatting (in the chat room) with Indie DJs, but that has yet to materialize.

If you don't want to get all these "emails from people you don't know," you can change that preference up the handy dandy thing which says "Edit My Membership" (probably right corner of your screen). At least change it to digest, so you only get one or so per day.

As far as the computer stream not being "the same broadcast", as far as I know, it is the same broadcast, just time-delayed a few minutes. (Which is just a technology difference.) The only one that's edited is the rebroadcast of Jonesy's show.

Any more questions? And btw, welcome! :-)

--Miche
MicheBel

Info about Indie

Post by MicheBel »

Message 907 of 4474
Date: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:50 pm
Subject: Info about Indie
Hell, we can't even get bumper stickers out of these people, you think we can get actual INFO? (Surely, I jest.) ;-)

Any info about Indie-promoted shows you'll find on the website, although some people may be chattering about it here as well. Such as the upcoming Camp Freddy benefit this Thursday for tsunami relief. A bunch of us are going and you're welcome to meet up with us beforehand. (See previous messages.) But even if you don't do that, you should go, cause it's a good cause.

--Miche
MicheBel

A Little Lesson in Decorum from a Grown-Up

Post by MicheBel »

Message 909 of 4474
Date: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:04 pm
Subject: A Little Lesson in Decorum from a Grown-Up

Man, oh man. Guess you told us. Good to know that you have no "issues."

I totally drive with my music (Indie mostly now) blaring. However, usually when I'm in residential areas, I am conscious of lowering it. I think it's called common decency, has nothing to do with "being grown up." Kids can have decency too.

--- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, "mizarplanet" <xxjunkmailxx@c...> wrote:
>
> Wow, OC bashing. How cool are you kids?
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 910 of 4474
Date: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:14 pm
Subject: Re: [indie1031fm] The Street Team and all those darn emails

Calm down?..Never! But thanks at least for responding to me, maybe the Indie circle is smaller than it seems. Is there life in radio? I think another guy e-mailed about the computer broadcast within an hour and I felt really stupid because it dawned on me right after I clicked "send " but the feed back was bitchin. Don't get me wrong the e-mails are fine I was just curious and any way , there starting to get interesting. I don't mind it at all, just wanted to know. Getting e-mails from people who are into this station too is alright by me. I'm starting to think it's the best kept secert in radio I only wish I was apart of it and not just talking about it or listening to it.... It's refreshing to know Indie's out there and people like it.
MicheBel

Post by MicheBel »

Message 915 of 4474
Date: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:11 pm
Subject: Re: The Street Team and all those darn emails

LOL OK, sorry, don't calm down! :-)

Yeah, there is life in radio, and its name is Indie!

I'm glad we're all finally starting to get interesting.

Yes, in some ways, Indie's a well-kept secret. The good news is that they (especially Jonesy's Jukebox) are starting to get lots of press. The bad news is that a lot of it is in Britain, so it'll only increase the Internet listeners.

And as far as being a part of it, the Street Team is the closest you can get to being a part of it without working there. So, glad to have you along.

--Miche
MicheBel

Re: Info about Indie

Post by MicheBel »

Message 916 of 4474
Date: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:13 pm
Subject: Re: Info about Indie

I'm shy, baby, can't you tell?

and you missed the post where I said I had your address in my purse...I was about to send you an envelope, and my coworker came in and gave me one! That day! :-)

--Miche, the RLV

[fquote]--- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, "Jack L." <xxjack12xx@d...> wrote:
> Can't get bumper stickers?! I've been passing em out since November last year!
You just haven't asked me yet ;P[/quote]
Archive Bot

Re: A Little Lesson in Decorum from a Grown-Up

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 918 of 4474
Date: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:20 pm
Subject: Re: A Little Lesson in Decorum from a Grown-Up

"However, usually when I'm in residential areas, I am conscious of
lowering it. I think it's called common decency"
We agree then :)
"has nothing to do with "being grown up." Kids can have decency too."
Kids can act grown up as well ;) Tomato-tomato, we agreed lol.
"Last I checked, you couldn't "fuck up" freedom."
I disagree. Human nature is to hang itself if you give it too much rope. People start imposing on each other if there aren't proper rules to keep things in check.
"As far as talking about politics, usually I really try to keep both my politics and my religion very close to the vest, especially online. However, the discussion evolved while we were speaking about Eddie Vedder doing a Phil Ochs song which WAS political (and on Indie)."
Fair enough. I should have been more specific though as I was mostly referring to the indie snide political comments that constantly air.
MicheBel

Re: A Little Lesson in Decorum from a Grown-Up

Post by MicheBel »

Message 924 of 4474
Date: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:50 pm
Subject: Re: A Little Lesson in Decorum from a Grown-Up

--- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, "mizarplanet" <xxjunkmailxx@c...>
wrote:
> "Last I checked, you couldn't "fuck up" freedom."
>
> I disagree. Human nature is to hang itself if you give it too much
> rope. People start imposing on each other if there aren't proper rules
> to keep things in check.>
Well, I have a more positive view of humanity. I believe that people
should enforce those rules upon themselves, not have some government
entity enforce them. Or, in worst case scenarios, have the people work
it out amongst themselves. Like now, I'll bet everyone who reads this
is going to be just a bit more conscious of their radio volume in
residential areas for awhile.
>> "As far as talking about politics, usually I really try to keep both
> my politics very close to the vest...."
>
> Fair enough. I should have been more specific though as I was mostly
> referring to the indie snide political comments that constantly air.
Snide political comments on Indie? I don't remember EVER hearing snide
political comments on Indie, and I listen pretty much constantly.

--Miche
MicheBel

Online Personas

Post by MicheBel »

Message 926 of 4474
Date: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:58 pm
Subject: Online Personas

Wow, isn't it funny how sometimes you talk to someone online, and your perception of them turns out to be absolutely nothing like what they actually look like? such is the case with this picture, Jack. Wow. Cool.

You get extra bonus points for having an Indie sticker in the background, btw.

--Miche

--- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, "Jack L." <xxjack12xx@d...> wrote:
> Oh, if you want to see how the sticker guy looks like, he has a pic
on http://www.angelfire.com/sk/xxjack12xx (me)>
Archive Bot

Re: [indie1031fm] Online Personas

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 929 of 4474
Date: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:14 pm
Subject: Re: [indie1031fm] Online Personas

Heh, I have a bunch of stickers. Unfortunately, my mohawk is too long to make it stick up anymore so I look like some reaper or something now with long hair, gack! Yes, its unstyled hehe. Need a haircut one of these days...
----- Original Message -----
To: indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:03:02 -0800 (PST)

Hey sticker guy! You get my address for sure!! Paid postage and all.Do you still have one or you over it.I think mohawks can look good unstyled to but anyway. Keep spreading the goodword of the best music on radio Indie. Talk to you later.Sarah
Archive Bot

Re: [indie1031fm] Online Personas

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 930 of
Date: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:18 pm

Heh, I need to stick up some indie stickers on my website, the white background is kind of plain. And don't worry, I shock people all the time. It's great at school because the teachers think I am this dork that is clueless about computers and turns out that I know more than they do and can prove it. Make a great point about never judge people on how they look hehe.
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 932 of 4474
Date: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:49 pm

LOL,
Tell me how loud music is a cause for having issues??
I am from a family of loud music playing fools from grandparents
who played opera, Sinatra and sang along at the top of there lungs
and parents whom cranked the Beatles and so many other wonderful
musicians. I have always felt music to be a celebration of life and I
do not list rap among one of my favorite genres of music either.
I always have enjoyed my music loud and will contiune to do so but I
absolutely do have regard for noise levels in neighborhoods and no
when high volume is not appropriate. Now while I am driving down
P.C.H on a bright sunny day you damn well better believe I am
listening to music at a high volume enjoying my drive sorry to you
and anyone else this offends but I will make an appointment to see a
therapist real quick in regards to my "issues".
You are correct in that politics should not really be on this board
sorry it took a turn to that topic.
I lived in Hollywood for a few years and yes it is a bit frustrating
but I enjoyed the culture and all the great gigs available on any
night so I just excepted some of the negatives for the positives out
weighed them.
Move on down to OC if you are so troubled in the big city I have my
complaints with OC but I do not need a bumper sticker slogan of love
it or leave it to dictate where it is I find residency I think living
near the ocean is worth some of the OC b.s.
As far as race, political beliefs or sexual orientation I don't give
a flying .... because I believe you all have a right to do as you
wish thank goodness so please feel free to keep your wrench.
:)
MicheBel

Loud Music Rules!

Post by MicheBel »

Message 934 of 4474
Date: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:39 pm
Subject: Loud Music Rules!

LOL guess you told her!

Yeah, my parents played music loud too (though with my mom it was classical stuff). My dad had all the new records, and played them loudly over and over. My benefit from this was that I got the Beatles album that "Michelle" was on when I was like five. (Wish I still had that sucker!)

I do agree, rock needs to be heard very loud. It just does. I personally think that it's the people who listen to rock n roll quietly that have issues.
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 935 of 4474
Date: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:46 pm

Thanks for the Time article Martin good read I enjoyed it.
I agree with you that Joey and Dee Dee called the shots on the song
writing and Johnny was running the business.
My point was I believed Johnny to be a very level headed, open to
others ideas and beliefs due to the diverse group of friends he had.
Did Johnny not also later in the Ramones career very selflessly allow
for other guitarists to fill in spots on the Ramones albums that
Johnny felt others could play better therefore making for a better
Ramones record??
I love the Ramones is there any links to your interviews that I could
read please.
Thanks again for the article and the Ramones info.
Archive Bot

Re: Loud Music Rules!

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 938 of 4474
Date: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:33 pm
Subject: Re: Loud Music Rules!

Yeah "Michelle" is such a beautiful song oh soooo good I think that is off the Rubber Soul album?
Is it even possible to listen to rock quietly??
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 939 of 4474
Date: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:17 pm

Hey Larry feel free to come out of the wood work more often!!

Great stuff your sharing here. I was at both Pearl Jam Irvine shows
you got a great pic there with Ed.
I really liked the Ramones 30th stuff I was at that show as well and
I have not seen anything from that show so that was cool to see man
that was such a great night.
I also noticed on your site that you had a Breeders show at Spaceland
were Joey Santiago performed Gigantic with the band. I was at that
show as well and I was actually about 8ft. behind whomever is filming
that was a fun show as well.

I DID find MP3's for Ed's appearance on Jonesy show.
Here is a link to the site that has them.

http://www.pearljamonline.it/mp3.htm#ev2005

They are under "Ed Vedder at the Wiltern 2005" song 7,8,9 are the
ones from Jonesy show. If you look around that site there are some
pretty sweet PJ downloads also obviously the recent Wiltern show is
right there as well.
Thanks again for the cool site.
MicheBel

Re: Loud Music Rules!

Post by MicheBel »

Message 942 of 4474
Date: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:01 pm
Subject: Re: Loud Music Rules!

Yes, though dear old Dad got me the White Album too. :-)

And to the second question, NO, it is not.

--Miche
Archive Bot

HOLA FROM INDIE

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 945 of 4474
Date: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:26 pm
Subject: HOLA FROM INDIE

Hola Indie brothers and sisters.

Want to say hi and tell you a few things.

First off I am one of the moderators of this cool group of peeps.
We are all here for the same reason. Love of music.

Any questions about the site and the station, speak up, I am here always. tk@...

I am going to be uploading sound clips, shows, video, etc... in the future. THE FIRST PIECE OF AUDIO WILL BE EDDIE VEDDER on JONESYS JUKEBOX (1.21.05) It will be up this week, look for it on
indie1031.fm

Also want to set up a day in the "chat room" where we can talk music, indie, whatever? Within the next week I will figure out time and day.

Appreciate you listening, talk soon.

TK
Archive Bot

YO DAWG

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 947 of 4474
Date: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:25 pm
Subject: YO DAWG

HEY TK:

Just heard you on the air right now. I wanted to invite you out to
NEW WAVE NIGHT @ THE DERBY this Friday. We have some great bands
slated to play and also some members of the LA DESIRE LINGERIE BOWL
05 TEAM for you to check out.

We draw over 100 people to each NWN @ THE DERBY and we would love to
have your team there hyping the station... or you could just come
and enjoy yourself.

Check out our MySpace site for more info or email me, dude!

http://www.myspace.com/newwavenights

We love INDIE and we'll help out in any way possible.

Thanks!

SteveR - Touring Manager - World Wide Spies
MicheBel

Re: HOLA FROM INDIE

Post by MicheBel »

Message 949 of 4474
Date: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:34 pm
Subject: Re: HOLA FROM INDIE

Yay! TK's here! Welcome TK!!!!

The Eddie Vedder clip? You rule! (And/or whoever was listening to what we were saying in here rules.)

Can't wait for the chat. We'll have to have someone to sign it for Jack, though.

;-)

--Miche, the RLV
Archive Bot

Re: HOLA FROM INDIE

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 950 of 4474
Date: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:46 pm
Subject: Re: HOLA FROM INDIE

right on...!

Would you tell Ian in Promotions, THANK YOU for me? He's going to send me some stuff so I can promote the crap out of INDIE.

You guys are a breath of fresh air out there in radio land. LONG LIVE INDIE!!!
Archive Bot

Corpse Bride Trailer

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 951 of 4474
Date: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:57 pm
Subject: Corpse Bride Trailer

Hi!

Just thought I'd share the trailer for Tim Burton's new flick - The Corpse Bride.........

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/corpse_bride/
Archive Bot

Hey Folks!

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 953 of 4474
Date: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:33 pm
Subject: Hey Folks!

I just wanted to pop in here and say hi.
We really appreciate that you took the time to sign on to our street team.
Hopefully we can get some good stuff going on here for you.
Don't hesistate to ask any questions.

Fanks for listenin'
Mark
Archive Bot

Re: Mr. Shovel, your voice is hot...

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 954 of 4474
Date: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:39 pm
Subject: Re: Mr. Shovel, your voice is hot...

Well thanks, but are you saying I DON"T sound hot when i'm well!?
Jeez, i oughta get sick more often.
:-)
MicheBel

Re: Mr. Shovel, your voice is hot...

Post by MicheBel »

Message 957 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:36 am
Subject: Re: Mr. Shovel, your voice is hot...

I knew this was gonna come up...

Pssst, Dawn, my sweet groupie in training, let me give you a hint: the appropriate response is that "all Indie DJs are hot All the time." Go for it. You can still pull this out...

--Miche, the RLV

--- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, "indie1031mrshovel" <indie1031mrshovel@y...>

wrote:
>
> Well thanks, but are you saying I DON"T sound hot when i'm well!?
> Jeez, i oughta get sick more often.
> :-)
>
>
> --- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, "Dawn Wirth" <bigmouthbakery@y...> wrote:
> >
> > Your voice is really sexy, i know it is because you have a cold.
> > You sound really hot...
Archive Bot

Re: ~waving like mad~

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 962 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:17 am
Subject: Re: ~waving like mad~

Hi Kristee---

Your thingamajiggy seems to be workin fine.

--- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, "Kristee" <kristeemcchargue@h...> wrote:
>
> Can anyone SEE me??? I had a "hard block" and had to re-set the
> whatchamajiggie.
MicheBel

Post by MicheBel »

Message 967 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:01 am

I knew it, Kristee.

All that penis talk often causes a "hard block." ;-)

(Jesus, I'm incorrigible.) hehe

--Miche, the RLV

--- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, "Kristee" <kristeemcchargue@h...>
wrote:
>
> Can anyone SEE me??? I had a "hard block" and had to re-set the
> whatchamajiggie.
MicheBel

Nothing in your box

Post by MicheBel »

Message 968 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:03 am
Subject: Nothing in your box

Boy, is that tempting to respond to.

Must refrain. Must refrain....

(Leaves the room to burst into uncontrollable laughter.)

Glad you're back, girlfriend.

--Miche, the incorrigible RLV

--- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, "Kristee" <kristeemcchargue@h...>
wrote:
>
> WHEW. I am not sure why, but nothing is showing up in my hotmail
> box (no pun intended).
MicheBel

Arnold Uber Alles

Post by MicheBel »

Message 970 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:14 am
Subject: Arnold Uber Alles

I work in a place that lives and breathes our dear Governator.

So, this time around, when I hear California Uber Alles on the radio, I get visions (nightmares?) of Arnold as President.

Um, thanks for that, Indie.

<------------------------trying to shake off that image

Forces self to think about Arnie's eighth (count 'em, eight) Razzie nomination....Arnie in a bad wig...yeah, that'll do it.

Whew. Better now.
Archive Bot

Corpse Bride Trailer

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 971 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:24 pm
Subject: Re: [indie1031fm] Corpse Bride Trailer

I've been a Burton fan for a long time. That was totally cute. Love the "Play Dead" line.
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 972 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:51 pm

~RLV~

I am not sure what happened. But like I keep saying, nothing is
showing up in my mailbox. I have to check here to see what's "up".
The stuff used to get forwarded to my HOTBOX (yeah I got one
too...hehehehehehehe). So, if I am not as prompt responding that's
why. Okokokokokokok....now....what's this I hear about groupies in
training???? Teeeeeeennnnnnnnn huuuuuuttttt....drop and gimme 20!!!
Archive Bot

Re: Arnold Uber Alles

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 975 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:56 pm
Subject: Re: Arnold Uber Alles

Kinda scary aint it??? Austrian, aryian and knows the words to
Deutchland Deutchland Uber Alles. If they start making the goose
step a mandatory P.E. excercise, we KNOW we got troubles!!!
MicheBel

We Groupies

Post by MicheBel »

Message 976 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:19 pm
Subject: We Groupies

Kristee me love--

I don't know much about you, but I think I can safely say that you could lead our new groupie girls as well as I could. ;-)

However, since Ms. Dawn declared herself to be only "in training", we must step up and train her when she errs. (Assuming she wants to be a world-class groupie as we already are.) Especially being in Hollywood, this art of sucking up to the right people comes in VERY handy, trust me. I said, SUCKING UP, dagnabit. You people with your minds in the gutter...

And as far as you having your own HOTBOX, darlin, you don't have to tell me that. I already picked up on that from you. ;-)

--Miche, the incorrigible RLV

And have I mentioned how much I miss talking to you, Ms. Kristee?
Archive Bot

Re: We Groupies

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 978 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Subject: Re: We Groupies

Ok then...Pvt. Dawn GIT it is.....

Missed you too...I was slightly confuzzled as to WHY....I was
thinking that maybe Henry took it personal when I said I'd do him
with Jake's dick...but....naaaaaahhhh...that couldn't be.....
Archive Bot

Yay! I'm in!

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 979 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:57 pm
Subject: Yay! I'm in!

Indie feels more like family now than ever! =)
Archive Bot

KROQ

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 981 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:33 pm
Subject: KROQ

I know this has been said a plenty of times, but I was
just passing through my work's warehouse and heard The
Shins "New Slang" being played. I first thought it was
Indie and then realized it was KROQ. I walked in
disgust because I knew that before Indie, KROQ would
have never played The Shins, whom by the way RAWKS!
KROQ are posers and suck big time!
Archive Bot

HEY THERE

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 982 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:38 pm
Subject: HEY THERE

I've been streaming Indie over the e-mail and I must say it's pretty
rockin'! Sorry TK, but Jonesy's Jukebox is the best show on here.
Though, you are a leeeeetle more comprehensive than ol Jonesy.... by far...

Big show, eh? I know you're talking about New Wave Night @ The Derby
this Friday, right? RIGHT??? :P
Archive Bot

Re: Hey Folks!

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 983 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:45 pm
Subject: Re: Hey Folks!

i just love listening to you guys at work - it makes the time seem more tolerable!
thanks! you guys ROCK!!!
Archive Bot

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 984 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:06 pm
Subject: WASSUP WITH CHAT

Im in the chat, no one's in there, not even our illustrious host! Im taking my pants off. How do I get on the INDIE Gig Guide?
Archive Bot

Get creative & promote Indie!!!

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 985 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:13 pm
Subject: Get creative & promote Indie!!!

Part of this forum is to be a part of the promotion of the station so
when Eddie Vedder was on Jonesy show I got the idea to post on
a very popular Pearl Jam site.
The site went Richter scale and I got bombed with private emails and
posts on the site regarding the show and also Indie.
I received responses from as all over the U.S. and as far away as the
U.K. and Austria. Many folks listened on line and stayed on the
streaming broadcast until the re-broadcast later that evening.
My post was viewed by 10,954 people on the Pearl Jam site
http://forums.pearljam.com/search.php?searchid=45543
and although the internet listeners do not count for ratings many of
the folks that day were from So. Cal. and hopefully will continue to
listen.

I am not looking for any "at a boys" I just thought I would share
this with all of those whom want to see Indie strengthen its ratings
and continue the march to take back LA radio.
Archive Bot

Open Letter to Dickey Barrett

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 986 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:18 pm
Subject: Open Letter to Dickey Barrett

Dickey-
I, along with many others, are excited about your upcoming morning
show. It means that FINALLY there will be something worthwhile to fill
our morning commute/work/waking-up with. I am sure you have no
intention of being like this...but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let your
show degenerate to the "lowest common denominator"-type programming
that is the forte of Kevin & Bean, Mark & Brian, Rick Dees, Jay Thomas,
and Howard Stern. If we want to hear wake-up calls, candid phone, fart
jokes, and other potty humor, we'll go to them. Listeners are attracted
to Indie because for the FIRST TIME, a radio station is treating them
like they are intelligent. And it's ALL about the music. We (that's the
figurative "we"...actually it's just me, but i'm certain there's more
where I came from) want to hear interviews a la Jonesy, music info a la
Rollins, and be introduced to a shitload of new music NONE of the other
stations would DARE to give us. That's why we listen to Indie.

And Dickey...you're funny and pleasant on your own. You don't need a
"Buddy". "Buddy morning shows" are lame and a waste of the precious
airwaves. You could have a "Mr. Shovel" or a "Heidi" to play off
of...but you don't need a "Brian" or "Bean".

That's just my 2 cents. Take it for whatever it's worth...um, 2 cents,
I guess.

I'll still listen to you no matter what. You and all of Indie are a
breath of fresh air in the halitosis filled airwaves we call "LA Radio".

Larry
MicheBel

Radio Stream Overload

Post by MicheBel »

Message 987 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:00 pm
Subject: Radio Stream Overload

Wow. I just realized that you can listen to two radio streams at once on the computer. Pretty bizarre to hear Indie and 94.9 at the same time. Talk about a wild mash-up! Whew.
Archive Bot

I won Big Bear ski tickets today!!!

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 988 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:00 pm
Subject: I won Big Bear ski tickets today!!!

Damn it I love INDIE!!!!!
I not only won tickets to Big Bear today but I also got to talk to Dave Navarro.

Great tunes all day at work, get to talk with Dave Navarro guitar god and win 4 tickets to ski & party in Big Bear that is a pretty sweet day at work in my book!!

Thanks TK and Indie
MicheBel

Re: Yay! I'm in!

Post by MicheBel »

Message 992 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:38 pm
Subject: Re: Yay! I'm in!

Hi Rxannie!

Welcome to the party!

--Miche

--- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, "rxannie1" <rxannie1@y...> wrote:
>
> Indie feels more like family now than ever! =)
MicheBel

Groupie Training

Post by MicheBel »

Message 993 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:40 pm
Subject: Re: Yay! I'm in! michebel

Good going, Kristee! You can take over groupie training anytime!

(Just don't ask me to do push-ups. Too much breast to lie flat on the floor...)

--Miche, the RLV
MicheBel

Re: KROQ

Post by MicheBel »

Message 994 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:42 pm
Subject: Re: KROQ

Oh goodie! More KROQ bashing. We haven't had this in awhile!

I realized this morning that while a month or so ago, I used to drive in front of people who had Bush or W stickers (so I could flaunt my liberal ones); now, I drive in front of people with KROQ stickers to show them my brand-spanking new Indie sticker! heh

--Miche
MicheBel

Re: WASSUP WITH CHAT

Post by MicheBel »

Message 995 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:44 pm
Subject: Re: WASSUP WITH CHAT

Dammit! (Kristee, do you hear this?) People are taking their pants off in the chat room, and here I am having an actually busy day....Honestly!

Hey, Steve, you make sure and come back when there actually ARE people in chat. And when is that gonna be again?

--Miche
MicheBel

Re: Get creative & promote Indie!!!

Post by MicheBel »

Message 996 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:46 pm
Subject: Re: Get creative & promote Indie!!!

So, can I say attaboy anyway? Attaboy! Way to go! Promote Indie! Yeah!

Oh, and attaboy to Indie for (well, at least saying they were going to) putting up the Eddie Vedder cover we were talking about! That's something to cheer indeed!

--Miche
MicheBel

Re: Open Letter to Dickey Barrett

Post by MicheBel »

Message 997 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:51 pm
Subject: Re: Open Letter to Dickey Barrett

Dude--

I don't know what to expect from Dickey Barrett's radio show, but I do think it's safe to say that it's not going to be anything like <<...Kevin & Bean, Mark & Brian, Rick Dees, Jay Thomas, and Howard Stern.>> I mean, c'mon. Give Indie some credit. Have they failed us so far?

Bring it on, Dickey. (Whatever it is!) I can't wait.

--Miche

(Oh, and I think Jonesy pretty much has the burp, fart, annoying phone calls segments of Indie thoroughly covered.)
Archive Bot

Im finally online ;0)

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 998 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:07 pm
Subject: Im finally online ;0)

Just wanted to say "hi" to my fellow Indy folks. I signed up for
the street team a while back but I did it at work, so I couldn't
download yahoo to chat because of the security issues)

I'm new to LA but passing the info about you guys as much as I can
to my demographic group (30 something single professionals)

Keep playing that awesome mix of music Indy! :O)
MicheBel

1000 posts!

Post by MicheBel »

Message 1000 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:35 pm
Subject: 1000 posts!

The Street Team has amassed 1000 posts! Yay to us!

Wish more of those lurkers would join in....but... in the meanwhile...

Back to our regularly scheduled posting.
Archive Bot

and on a similar frequency as Indie is Orange County airport

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 1002 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:43 pm
Subject: and on a similar frequency as Indie is Orange County airport

I work in Santa Ana near the airport. While listening to Indie, I
also hear bits of talking from the tower (or is it from the planes)
at John Wayne OC airport. It happens mostly in the afternoons.
Does this happen to anyone else?
Archive Bot

and on a similar frequency as Indie is Orange County

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 1003 of 4474
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:48 pm
Subject: Re: [indie1031fm] and on a similar frequency as Indie is Orange County airport

I keep hearing that horrible KIIS station mixed in with Indie. It drives me nuts
because I absolutely cannot stand KIIS. Same with KOST... grrrrrrrrrrrrr.