REAL Archive O Rama

You can find the yahoo message archive here.

Moderators: MicheBel, Archive Bot, Admin

MicheBel

Miche's Saga of the Sold-Out Camp Freddy Benefit, Pt. 3

Post by MicheBel »

Message 1155 of 4483
Date: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:25 pm
Subject:
Miche's Saga of the Sold-Out Camp Freddy Benefit:
Part Three, Hotter and Hotter

For the third song, "Get It On (Bang A Gong)", Donovan exits and Michael Des Barres takes over the vocal duties. Before he starts, he mentions how tight his pants are. Which forces one to look at the quite protruding penile area. The pants are white after all, and the package is oh so obvious. Navarro mentions later what a handsome man Des Barres is. Eh. He's handsome in a Hollywood way. Well-packaged. Er, so to speak...

Once I can quit noticing his package, I realize this song is rocking. For the next song, I'm telling you, it's a rock and sex show, "Feel Like Making Love," they bring out Annabella Llewyn, the former wild child of Bow Wow Wow. She was a hot teen eons ago with that band, but I'm telling you, she is an even more stunning woman now. And she's wearing a skintight black velvet catsuit, low cut to the stomach, with slinky chains wrapped around her hips. In her hair, she has a gold/bronze mesh type of netting covering her amazing long black hair. It sparkles with every turn. Des Barres pulls her as close as he can get away with for the duet, but I'm not feeling the chemistry between them.

Did I mention that Dave Navarro is shirtless? So between the show of skin and Annabella's catsuit and Des Barres' package, it's a very sexy song. OK, music aficionados, quick: what is Bow Wow Wow's ONLY hit? In the time it took you to read that, I'm sure your mind came up with "I Want Candy," which was the next song. Before launching into it, Anabella takes the mesh thing out of her hair. She has the most beautifully lustrous long black hair and while she's singing the next one, she uses it like a prop. Beautiful.

I love the Clash, they're one of my favorite bands, but due to the fact that it was nearly the only Clash song that was ever played on the radio previously and got WAY overplayed, I've grown to hate, "Should I Stay or Should I Go?" Somehow though (Anabella exits and Leif Garrett takes her place on vocals), when Camp Freddy does it, it sounds fresh and alive. It was great.

These guest stars are a parade of people who've been on Indie or should be. Terri Nunn, for example, was recently on Jonesy's Jukebox (and did an amazing version of the next song there). Oh yes, Berlin's only hit. Ready? "Metro." Some people behind me remark that she looks like she's wasted, and she is kinda all over the stage, but the song's good anyway, though I thought the Jonesy version was better.

I think it was about this time that the magnitude of this show hit me. Steve Stevens, Billy Idol's former guitarist (and thanks to the Street Team member, Adrian, who helped with that info) joins the band for an incredible "Suffragette City". Good gosh does that man WAIL on guitar!

Stevens and Nunn exit the stage and Navarro brings up someone he obviously has a lot of respect for, Jerry Cantrell (Alice in Chains). He sings a blistering version of Jailbreak. Oh, and we learn he, too, has a big package. Thanks, Dave. :-) Course, the question arises, how does he know these things, but we move on... Cantrell's pretty sexy too, with his long blond hair swinging down. Terri Nunn rejoins for a duet on "Man in the Box."

And it just keeps getting better and more rockin...

...TO BE CONTINUED...
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
MicheBel

Miche's Saga of the Sold-Out Camp Freddy Benefit, Pt. 4

Post by MicheBel »

Message 1156 of 4483
Date: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:50 pm
Subject:
Miche's Saga of the Sold-Out Camp Freddy Benefit:
Part Four, Vulnerable Angst

Another gorgeous man joins them for the next song, after Nunn and Cantrell exit, Steve Isaacs. I've heard this song a thousand times, and love it, but somehow, Camp Freddy again makes "She Sells Sanctuary" really fresh and alive. And boy howdy is Isaacs nice to look at.

Now we have the saga of Courtney Love. I've seen her in all kinds of phases, from the completely stoned to the stone-cold sober. I saw her get pulled from the stage (oops, that was a KROQ show, nevermind). She was trashed, then she was gorgeous and sober, then she was trashed again. She was on Jonesy's Jukebox too, and on Indie briefly, if I recall correctly. She walks out and says to Navarro, "Do you feel vulnerable? I sure do." I loved her for that. Much better than the KROQ show she got thrown out of where she asked the audience if they wanted to see her... ahem...underwear.

Some joker behind me made some comment about how fat she looks, but I'll tell you what, I'll take a massively obese (which she wasn't) Courtney Love over a bone-thin and wasted Courtney Love anyday. I just thought she was stunning, and there she was just starting out with how vulnerable she felt. Vulnerable, ha! She has the most amazing presence onstage. Of all this parade of top-notch rockers, it was Ms. Courtney who commanded. She was magnetic, performing "Mountain Song." She wore a long white dress, rather subdued, but her gift was unmistakable. Heres to hoping the sober Courtney sticks around, cause she's WAY cool, and a damn fine musician.

Jesus, can it get any better than this? Well, what's a cover called when one of the original band members is actually performing on it? Half a cover? Steve Jones himself performed two Sex Pistols songs with Camp Freddy, with John Clayden singing on "Pretty Vacant," and Lemmy singing on "God Save the Queen." Damn, was that stuff awesome! Impossible not to dance by this point.

Lemmy and Jonesy left, and Linda Perry joined the band to do "Whole Lotta Love." And, finally, everyone returns to do a rousing version of "Now I Wanna Be Your Dog." Man, was it incredible.

And at the end, the wondrous Michael Steele, program director, turns to Mark Sovel, the wondrous music director, and notes, "Yeah, we throw a helluva party." Yes, you bloody well do.

THE END of a wonderful evening!
Last edited by MicheBel on Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
MicheBel

Stupidity

Post by MicheBel »

Message 1139 of 4483
Date: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:56 pm
Subject: Re: The Shocking Truth About Your Supermarket!

Trust me, darlin, people in Cali don't need excuses to get stupid.

--Miche
--- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, adrian anderson <snowronin70@y...> wrote:
> I really have no earthly idea..I think its the Cali weather...its 9 degrees
where I am at right now so we get stupid because of the extreme cold
MicheBel

Re: Bladders and Sinew and Brains, Oh My!

Post by MicheBel »

Message 1140 of 4483
Date: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:58 pm
Subject: Re: Bladders and Sinew and Brains, Oh My!

Um, Kat? That link doesn't work. It says we don't have permission...

(But if you guys want to check it out, just use this: http://californiasciencecenter.org/MainPage.php
You'll find it.)

--Miche
--- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, "kimchee_kitty" <kimcheekitty@g...> wrote:
>
> I went to the first Body Worlds and it blew my mind! It's gone now,
> but if you missed it, the CA Science Center just opened Body Worlds
> 2 - You can get tix (with or without an IMAX film on the human body)
> online here:
Archive Bot

Stupidity

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 1142 of 4483
Date: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:32 pm
Subject: Re: [indie1031fm] Re: The Shocking Truth About Your Supermarket!

I know..I am in LA at least 3 times a year to visit friends and family
Archive Bot

Re: [indie1031fm] Re: Camp Freddy Show / Scott Weiland

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 1143 of 4483
Date: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:28 pm
Subject: Re: [indie1031fm] Re: Camp Freddy Show / Scott Weiland

Which one is your goofy mugg heh heh.

To: indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [indie1031fm] Re: Camp Freddy Show / Scott Weiland
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:07:11 -0000

Well, my goofy mugg is on our site. Say Hi next time.
MicheBel

Siouxsie Sioux

Post by MicheBel »

Message 1145 of 4483
Date: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:49 pm
Subject: Siouxsie Sioux

Hey, Kristee--

Have you seen the picture of Siouxsie at Indie? (It's among the Random Station
Pics, but you can kinda follow this link:

http://www.indie1031.fm/cc-common/globa ... 2&first=24

She looks so TINY in that pic. Onstage, she just seems to fill the whole place,
but she looks like a little pixie there. And so clean-cut! (Good choice, btw.)

--Miche, the RLV
MicheBel

State of Richard Nixon-Eddie Vedder from Jonesys Show

Post by MicheBel »

Message 1146 of 4483
Date: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:53 pm
Subject: State of Richard Nixon-Eddie Vedder from Jonesys Show

Early on, I made an (erroneous) statement that Indie had no balls. Can I just publicly retract that statement now?

Wow. To whomever put that Vedder clip from Jonesy's show on the website, THANK YOU.
Thank you so much. It's songs like this, contributed by artists like him, that prove to the world that this is not just another radio station. It just feels so radical in every way: that this was played on air, that it's now on the website, that the world has access to it.

So thank you, for having balls and shaking up radio.

<---------------bowing to Indie's incredible taste and integrity

--Miche
MicheBel

Re: Buzzcocks (+ some KROQ Bashing)

Post by MicheBel »

Message 1147 of 4483
Date: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:55 pm
Subject: Re: Buzzcocks (+ some KROQ Bashing)

I think we, the people, have the airwaves back, and that freedom is called INDIE.

THANKS INDIE!

--Miche

--- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, "loaf92648" <bleyba@s...> wrote:
>
> KROQ was roq of the 80's remember and that was a long time ago.....
> We want the airwaves!!
> Thanks Indie!!
MicheBel

Microsoft Boo HIss!

Post by MicheBel »

Message 1149 of 4483
Date: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:09 pm
Subject: Microsoft Boo HIss!

Microsoft is the Evil Empire (well, one of many these days), but I suppose as long as we get to hear Indie on our computers we shouldn't complain....

At least Windows Media Player doesn't mess up my system as badly as Real Player used to. And it works with both OS X and 9.2 (which we have at work).

--Miche

--- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, "indie1031mrshovel" <indie1031mrshovel@y...> wrote:
>
> On Mac you need to install WIndows Media Player.
>
> I Know, Microsoft is the evil empire but whattaya gonna do?>
MicheBel

The Mugg of Shovel

Post by MicheBel »

Message 1151 of 4483
Date: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:22 pm
Subject: The Mugg of Shovel

Yeah, you know, it used to be right up front (the one leaning over the controls, but you really gotta look for it now. But if you click the pic that says "Click Here for Pictures" and check the Random Station pics, there are a bunch in there.

I look on the Check One/Two page, and it's not there. But as I was looking, I was reminded how BLOODY obnoxious the Blood Arm was last week. Taking advantage of poor Mr. Shovel while he was sick, hogging the microphone. I swear if they introduced the band members one more time, I was going to go down there and personally slap them. Annoying fucks.

--Miche
--- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, "Jack L." <xxjack12xx@d...> wrote:
> Which one is your goofy mugg heh heh.
Archive Bot

Re: Buzzcocks (+ some KROQ Bashing)

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 1152 of 4483
Date: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:34 pm
Subject: Re: Buzzcocks (+ some KROQ Bashing)

Yeah, you're right - and I really don't listen to KROQ any more, for all intents and purposes!

--john
--- In indie1031fm@yahoogroups.com, michebel@y... wrote:
>
> Dude, first of all, they play TONS of Buzzcocks. Just played "I
> Believe" this morning. And you shouldn't need ANY further convincing
> that you should drop KROQ and listen to Indie. Sheesh!
>
> --Miche, the RLV
Archive Bot

Re: [indie1031fm] Stupidity in LA

Post by Archive Bot »

Message 1153 of 4483
Date: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:18 pm
Subject: Re: [indie1031fm] Stupidity in LA

well when I get out there in May..I will call and write
michebel@yahoo.com wrote:

Sure. You don't write, you don't call... ;-)

--Miche, the RLV
MicheBel

Break a Leg, Dicky!

Post by MicheBel »

Message 1159 of 4484
Date: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:00 pm
Subject: Break a Leg, Dicky!

Good luck on your first morning show, Dicky. We'll be rooting for you, accent and all!

--Miche, the RLV